Flash window size

Q&A about the latest versions
JeffN

I know in the Object VR software under Flash Output > Settings I can set the size of the display window using the Window Size.
When I output the file and view it in Opera, it opens at the small size that I put in the settings box. But after uploading to the server and going to the url, the flash movie opens up in the browser (Safari) full screen, and pixelated at that size. I can manually make the window smaller like it should be and looks good. But why does it open up so large. The window size in the Flash Output screen is 376 px x 316 px.
I don't want it to open up with the large / pixelated look, looks bad.

JeffN
PhotoSpherix

always open an swf file from an html file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is bad form to navigate to a swf file on the web. just my 2 cents.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
JeffN

I appreciate your input.
I'm not a web / IT person by training, rather I'm an advertising photographer, but as with the way things work I (we) ware many hats.
I'm not familure with what you are referring to when you say
always open an swf file from an html file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is bad form to navigate to a swf file on the web.
can you explain further? part of my question is how do I open a swf file from an html?

JeffN
PhotoSpherix

open up a html file.

put this into the html file

Code: Select all

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="600" height="600" id="mymovie" align="middle">
  <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
  <param name="movie" value="mymovie.swf" />
  <param name="quality" value="best" />

<embed src="mymovie.swf" quality="best" width="600" height="600" name="mymovie" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
  </object>
change mymovie.swf to your movie and the widths to the width of your movie then the heights to the height of your movie. Then ship the html and the swf file up to your server. direct a browser to the html file and then you can see the swf!
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography
JeffN

If I understand what your saying;
I'll open a blank page in a text editor (Mac text edit) and copy the code you provided and make the changes you pointed out (mymovie etc).
Then I assume save that file and call it "mymovie".html
and upload both to the server. I also assume both the html file and the swf file will be in the same folder on the server, the url might be something like this:
www.mywebsite.com/FlashFiles/mymovie.html
and the swf file sits in the same folder as the mymovie.html (in this example /FlashFiles/

Am I on track?
PhotoSpherix

Thems the chips. HTML or Hyper Text Markup Language is only a list of instructions to display content based on a set of rules delivered from the web browser. The html file you are creating tells the browser to go get the "swf" and show it based on the delivered parameters. That is what keeps it from going full screen. If you only go to the "swf" file in your address bar. The browser will show it, but with no rules assigned to it.

On another note, you can test the html file on your local machine by dragging it into an open browser window. This should save you time and energy in testing.
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography
JeffN

Thanks for the tutorial. :)
it is bad form to navigate to a swf file on the web. just my 2 cents.
Is this because of the loss of control of the size that the swf opens in a browser window? or is there something else.
I would have thought that the "Display window size" in Object2VR settings tab would control that. In other words, the browser can open up to a full scree window, but the swf would only play at the size set in the Object2VR settings window size box. Does that make sense?
Does Thomas need to change something?
JeffN

PhotoSpherix
I must be missing something, or did something wrong. When I go to the url www.thoenphoto.com/FlashFolder/NuAire_gray.html
all I get is the html doc I created in TextEdit.
Both the html and the swf files are on the server.
Here is the code I put in the html doc. per your instructions. What did I do wrong?

JeffN

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=6,0,0,0" width="376" height="316" id="NuAire_gray" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="NuAire_gray.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="best" />

<embed src="NuAire_gray.swf" quality="best" width="376" height="316" name="NuAire_gray" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>