Zoom settings?

Q&A about the latest versions
JeffN

I looked thru the search on Zoom, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Can anyone explain how to use the Zoom settings.

Maxium: is the amount that you want to zoom in. eg: 2 = 200% (or 2times)

But what is the Default for? What should it be set at and why?

Center? Is there a grid or some correlation as to what settings moves the center of the image where?

Thanks
JeffN
Hopki
Gnome

Hi

Zoom, Default is the zoom ratio it opens with, so if this is set to 1.5 when the object images opens you see the images at 1.5 times in scale. This means that your viewer can zoom out as well as in from the off. I would only use this if the images are really high quality.
However clicking on a default view button, will set the scale to 1 and not the default which is set to 1.5, odd that.

The Centre points to a position when zooming in, setting the X/Y of the zoom.

So setting the centre to : 0 / -50 Zooms down by 50, I guess 50 pixels as well as zooming in.
The first set of numbers set the left and right, a positive number will cause it to zoom in and move the images to the left so you see more of the right side, while a negative number zooms the image to the right so seeing more of the left.

So you had a sculpture of a dog laying down, head to the left side, you could set this up to zoom in moving the image to the right so seeing the face on the left in the centre of the screen.

I know it can sound confusing but have a go, you will see what I mean.

Hope this helps
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JeffN

Hopki,
Yes, thanks this helps a lot.
JeffN