How to get rotate buttons and faster slider control?

Q&A about the latest versions
Micha

Hello,

I consider to buy Object2VR and play with the Demo now (I'm a pano2QTVR + flash user). For a potential project next week I need some functions, but I don't know how to implement them. Maybe somebody could help me please? Here my test file:

http://www.simulacrum.de/download/Diamond32_out.swf

I would like that if the user click on the buttons, the movie jumps to the next frame and if he press the arrow buttons the object movie start to rotate in the direction of the arrow. Sound like a basic behavior, but I can't get it working.

The movie based on 32 frames for an angle of 45°, more frames are not needed to give the look of a full turn, because the regular shape of the diamond. The problem is, that the grabber acts very slow now, if the mouse is moved from left to right a 45° turn (a full run trough all frames) is done only. For this kind of object movie is needed to set how much frames should be shown by a mouse move from left to right - in this case it would be 360°:45°=8 -> 8x32 -> 256.

Regards,
Micha
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Micha

Cool Object movie

I can not answer most of your post, but the software is under constant development by its creator Thomas.

The rotation speed and direction of the buttons can be adjusted in the Skin/Controller.

You may need to click on File and “Save As” to save a copy of the Skin to say your desk top first as I don’t think you can save to the files in the drop down list.

If you then copy the file in to the same folder as your project then use the drop down list it will be the top file, starting with $d\ then the name you gave it.

Open a button,

As a hint try using Pressed instead of click, or Click instead of Press.
Direction and speed should be easily adjusted in there too.

Have fun :D
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Micha

Great, the button control for move forward and jump to the next frame works - thank you.

Nice would be, if I could at two autorotate buttons, one for left turn and one for right turn. But since the autorotate speed can't controlled per button, this seems to be something for the wishlist.
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects