embedding in pdf

Q&A about the latest versions
digimg02

Has anyone worked with embedding these flash or quicktime files into pdfs? I am looking to use pdf's to distribute object movies. I know Acrobat 8 could embed multimedia but, Acrobat 9 has added many features involving flash, but I'm not quite sure what the bottom line differences would be.
digimg02

Got myself a trial of Acrobat 9 Pro, and it is really easy to do, you can create a PDF straight from the .swf file. I used the Flash 9 output from Object2Vr. Check it out! You need Acrobat Reader 9 to view it. These shots were taken using a Kaidan rig using VrWorx with a DV camera for automated capture. By the way, Object2Vr Beta is much more stable than VrWorx.
Attachments
dinosaur.pdf
single-row dinosaur
(886.82 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
360Texas

Thanks for telling us about Acrobat 9. I clicked on the dinasour.pdf link and downloaded it.

Ok, If I don't have a current version of Acrobat fair chance others might have it either.
Something to think about.

<Err box>
This file appears to use a new format that this [my version] of Acrobat does not support.
It may not open or display correctly. Adobe recommends that you upgrade to the latest version of our Acrobatproducts.
Please visit our product site at http://www.adobe.com/acrobat
[OK]
</Err box>

Acrobat Reader 9 33mb (including Air program)

It opened nicely. Rotation is smooth and indeed does work very well. GREAT !
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
digimg02

Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how it behaves if it is viewed in the browser window with Reader