VR Mode for Object 2 VR

Q&A about the latest versions
NishantA23

Hello,

It will really help if you can let us know if it's possible to enable WebVR or WebXR with Object 2 VR scenes. We want to see our O2VR scenes in a VR Headset.

Is it possible at the moment ? If not, can you build it for your users ?

Thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Object2VR has no VR mode, but I see it is listed as a feature request.
So not forgotten.
Out of interest how would you expect it to work using a VR headset?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
NishantA23

The expected result I am thinking about is to show the current image in VR Headset as large as possible, and let the surrounding be black.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
So would you expect to walk around the object?
This is more of what I was asking, how do you imagine it would look in VR.
If it's the same thing as we have now where you use a wand in the VR environment to rotate the object, then I can not see much point in being in VR?
Just trying to gauge the expectation.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
PhotoSpherix

I will chime in.

I want the ability to use depth of view in the process. Use a right and left camera view so that the object has depth. Maybe use frame one for right and frame 2 for left if shot greater than 72 frames? Then have an option either to walk around the item, much like the function on an iphone with 3d models, or have the ability to drag the item. I know that we have no magic option to remove the background, so the environment will need to be filled with the background color of the images.

Hopki, I see where you are going with the fact that it is an item, and not a room that you are viewing. I agree that it just isn't much juice for the squeeze. The only place where I see a plus is when you add the 3d view option in. You know how to reach out to me off the forum if and when the gnomes want to talk about simulated depth on the objects.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Hope you are well.
To check understanding, you are talking about stereographic images.
Then in the VR environment to be able to use the wands to rotate the object.
Interesting, will look to see if there is anything in the bug tracker for this, if not we will add it.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
PhotoSpherix

All is well on this side of the pond.

Absolutely talking about stereographic pairs for display.

Wands/hands seem like the only logical way to manipulate the object.

If I had unlimited time and budget. I would say that the item is in a white void at x/y coordinate. If you move your head or walk, the item stays in place and you are able to walk around it. I would guess you would also have the ability to fill the void with multiple items and walk around them all. Think art museum with floating items instead of pedestals.

BUT, I am realistic and feel that just a single item that is manipulated by wand/hand would move the ball forward in the technology.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography