Object VR and Quicktime

Q&A about the latest versions
tackletour

I notice when I embed my object VRs, the background of my .mov file isn't white.
It's gray.

Here's an example: http://www.tackletour.com/800x536.html

Any ideas?
Thanks
smooth

Is your colour space set to sRGB? Can you upload a single frame (image) to compare against the QT movie?

Regards, Smooth 8)
tackletour

I've added an attachment. Can you check it to see if it meets the specs you mentioned?
In photoshop I used both Northern America 2 and Web/Internet color profiles. The white background looks the same in both.

Thanks
Attachments
xDSC_3199.jpg
xDSC_3199.jpg (67.12 KiB) Viewed 5992 times
smooth

www.smooth360.com/temp/tackletour_test.mov

You will see my example shows correct colouring. Your background colour is #FFFFFF and this shows in my test.
It has to be your colour profile.

I have mine set as North America General Purpose 2
and then under RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in the Working Spaces setting from the drop down list.

Regards, Smooth 8)
tackletour

I have the same thing: North America General Purpose 2, RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in the Working Spaces of my Photoshop.

You see my background as #FFFFFF, that's in the link I provided above or in the single image I attached?

If it's my color profile, I wonder where it's adding in this color setting...
I use Quicktime output in Object2VR, then under the HTML tab, I check Enable HTML
I use the standard template provided.
Under Template Parameters I see Text Color, Background Color <--- could this be where it's adding in the #FFFFFF?

Thanks
smooth

tackletour wrote: You see my background as #FFFFFF, that's in the link I provided above or in the single image I attached?
#FFFFFF is the colour in your image background (pure white). You colour is being changed when you publish it would seem because the photo image colour is correct.

I didn't try with the HTML, so maybe something is going on there?
Will look at it some more a bit later today.

Regards, Smooth 8)
tackletour

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

I just tried something.

1) QTVR output, default settings, then viewed the .mov in IE.
Result - white background as in your example with the single image.

2) QTVR output, this time Enable Zoom maximum to 2, then viewed the .mov in IE.
Result - white backgorund UNTIL you zoom in and out, then the gray background is visible.

3) QTVR output, with zoom and HTML, this is just like my first link, gray background.

I would like to have the Zoom in and out feature, and Thomas said only way is to Enable HTML.

Thanks