Restrict Dragging of 3D Object

Q&A about the latest versions
NishantA23

Hello,

I want to make an experience where I will be able to draw polygon hotspots on a particular column and row. Here, I want to restrict the user from dragging the model or else the polygons will disappear if I haven't added them to every row and column out there. Then, I am planning to add a button in the skin where, on click, it'll take the user to the specific row and column where polygon hotspots are visible.

The problem here is that I want to restrict the user from dragging to other row/columns. Is it possible to restrict the drag aspects of object, where users can only rotate the 3D object on click of the button ?

I hope you've understood what the problem here is.

Thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can cover the skin with a transparent rectangle, this will stop any mouse interaction with the object.
You can then hide and show this to restrict mouse access.
Another thought would be to use different view states, one state has no hotspots the other does, but this would be quite wasteful as you would need the images twice.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
NishantA23

Hello,

If I add the transparent rectangle, I would not be able to click on my hotspots as well, right ?

Imagine that on column 20 I have hotspots and I don't want the user to drag with mouse on this frame. Here, since the hotspot needs interaction, the transparent rectangle will block it as it will not allow any mouse activity. Is there something like Z-index where hotspots can be interacted and column no 20 is also not draggable ?

Thank you.
NishantA23

Hello Hopki,

Can you please reply to this problem. I am still trying to solve it.

Thank you.
NishantA23

Hello,

Can you please reply to this problem. I am still trying to solve it.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
With viewing parameters, you can only limit if the object rotates or stops at the last/first images, so as not to go around in circles.
If you want to add a button that moves to a specific view you can use the Move to View action, please see this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9366
But what you're describing is you want to stop viewers from going to images without polygons, Object2VR can not do this.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
NishantA23

Hello,

Is there a possibility to add Z-index value to hotspots ? Somewhere through code or by editing some files ?

Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
In Object2VR the z-index is controlled by the position of the element in the skins tree.
The higher up in the tree it is the more forward it is.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
NishantA23

HI,

I want to know if I can manually set a Z-index value to each polygon in my scene ? I understand that the skin tree would help, but if I add some custom element in my skin and want to control the polygon z-index, then it has to have a value. Is there a possibility to do this via a code ?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Can you be a little more clear, you mention Polygon and then skin elements.
So are you looking to change the z-index of Polygons, Skin elements, or both?
I am not sure the Object2VR API will allow any of this but do want to be clear when speaking with the team.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
NishantA23

What I mean is that, is there a possibility to add Z-index value to a polygon from the skin editor or through some code ?