Enabling zoom

Q&A about the latest versions
tackletour

I can create an object VR but I cannot seem to be able to create one that allows me to zoom in or out. I see the Zoom block under Quicktime Output window, what should my settings be for default, max, and center?
Thanks
PhotoSpherix

I have a similar question but I can help on zoom for the flash version. There is a setting on the right of the edit function on the flash file. You need to turn on the zoom and then set the max zoom and default zoom.

Here is my scenario, I have a 20 frame 800 x 800 object that I want to show as a default at 400 x 400 with a 200% zoom available. That way the image does not break up when zoomed in. How do you accomplish this? I have played with the "window" size and make it 400 x 400 instead of 800x800, but that makes the "default" image cropped. I tried to start with a .50 setting for default view, but it does not allow a number less than 1.

Ideas?
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
thomas
Chief Gnome

PhotoSpherix wrote: Here is my scenario, I have a 20 frame 800 x 800 object that I want to show as a default at 400 x 400 with a 200% zoom available. That way the image does not break up when zoomed in. How do you accomplish this? I have played with the "window" size and make it 400 x 400 instead of 800x800, but that makes the "default" image cropped. I tried to start with a .50 setting for default view, but it does not allow a number less than 1.
The zoom levels are normalized to full object no to the pixel size. This way it is easier to deal with high res input and generating a small object movie. This means that "1" always shows the full object independent of the input and window resolution. In your scenario you set the window size to 400x400 and set the default to 1 and maximum to 2 (so allow a 2x = 200% zoom in).
To explain this a bit more: If you would have 1600x1600 input images this would produce the same output with those settings! Now if you want to allow a 4x zoom (showing 2x2 pixels) in the later example would produce a larger file because the images are available in higher resolution. To limit this you can set the first setting "Image width" to 800 and this would produce the same result as with 800x800 input images.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

tackletour wrote:I can create an object VR but I cannot seem to be able to create one that allows me to zoom in or out. I see the Zoom block under Quicktime Output window, what should my settings be for default, max, and center?
The QuickTime Player always shows the images in the native resolution no matter what you are choosing in the windows size. You have to embed the QTVR into a HTML page to make a "higher resolution, zoomed out" work.
MfG, Thomas
tackletour

thomas wrote:
tackletour wrote:I can create an object VR but I cannot seem to be able to create one that allows me to zoom in or out. I see the Zoom block under Quicktime Output window, what should my settings be for default, max, and center?
The QuickTime Player always shows the images in the native resolution no matter what you are choosing in the windows size. You have to embed the QTVR into a HTML page to make a "higher resolution, zoomed out" work.
Hi Thomas,

Not sure if I fully understand. Can you give me a quick example please?
Thanks
thomas
Chief Gnome

tackletour wrote: Not sure if I fully understand. Can you give me a quick example please?
Thanks
Just enable the HTML output and everything should work in the browser. There is no way to make this work in the player.
MfG, Thomas