first try Object2VR

Q&A about the latest versions
thearle

Hi, I've just have my first go with this program and not being very technically minded it seems to run quite intuitively, which is just as well considering the lack of info.
Anyway here's the first experience with details that may of use or interest.

http://www.thearlephotography.com/08110 ... h_out.html

Taken from 18 shots - I thought it looked a little too jerky - has anyone tried morphing or merging adjacent frames to fill gaps?
Image quality 90
Window 500 x 500
Frame rate 25 - has anyone played with this rate to good effect?
Flash 9
Rotate .30
controller_slide_hidden.ggsk
360Texas

Thearle, THAT WAS GREAT ! You succesfully put the object in the center of wheel rotation, AND the object stayed in inside the frame window. Agree 18 images is a bit choppy rotation. Sort of like my rotating around the car was choppy. One way to increase the rotation smoothness is to add more imaging. Try 36 images (every 10 degrees).

See the person standing on the object wheel on right. Click on the text link "People" and mouse rotate the two people. Both these are 36 images sets.

http://360texas.com/services/objects/index.htm

Suggestions:

OK so now that you are taking 36 images what else can you do to make it a bit more interesting with the lamp? When the lamp lighted bulb comes around to the front take a few extra images from that view.... Light ON Light OFF Light ON. On the single image Light ON photoshop the clients logo or name on glass lens.. make the text translucent so you can see the glass lens texture ...

With my 1.4 mb I used a zoom in frame as one of the special effects. Opening/closing a door added special action affects. On the rotating person I could have had them slowly raise their hand to the waist and then back down during the rotation.

Adding more special effect images into the series make the final .swf a bit kb or mb larger. To offset the effect of adding more images try resizing your images smaller. If the originals were all 400 x 800 try 150 x 300 or what ever the dimensions might be.

Are we having fun yet ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thearle

Phewee ! Thanks a lot for the encouragement and suggestions. I'll have a go.
I have a practical idea involving a spinning globe to also try - will post it if it works.