Bug list: Object2VR beta 2

Q&A about the latest versions
PhotoSpherix

that was a shot at an old studio. today the environment is different. gone are the days of concepts, and in are the days of production. the testing was the fun days. now it is much more a production line. stations for incoming product. areas for photography, and stations for image edit. back when the rig in that image was built, we had about twenty items we needed shot, today that is a different story.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
smooth

PhotoSpherix wrote:dagnabit, I hate it when a bit of the table shows :D

The question of how...here is an old shot of the medium rig

as to the amount of stops. we have worked hard to find a happy medium between size and rotation resolution. At this point the file size is great, the auto rotation is a little "jerky"
Thanks for showing your rig set up. :D

No need to defend your studio, so long as the final result meets the standard I couldn't care less about what the camera doesn't see.
My studio goes from spotless to an impression of a city dump from day to day. To be honest it is messy more than not - it's a sign of busyness and production and sometimes my pure laziness.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Mnollock

Hi all, I seem to have a pretty big issue with Object2VR, whenever I save a *.o2vr file, whenever I reload it all the settings and images are no longer there?! Anybody got any idea why this is happening?

Alan P.
"I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do"

http://www.a-p-design.co.uk
360Texas

I open Trial Version Object2VR HELP/about and see ver 2.0 beta 2, Rev 1000 / 4.4.2 Oct 7 2008 192637 -

Then File open recent click recent .o2vr and all images and settings are in place.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PhotoSpherix

I have not tried it, but the saved file is just a list of references to file locations. If you have moved the files, then object2vr will no know where they are.
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography
Mnollock

Cheers Texas! That seems like an odd workaround but it works so all is well! Just need to try and get my file size down now!
"I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do"

http://www.a-p-design.co.uk
=RS=

Double clicking a saved project opens Object2VR but not the project. I can load it within the application though.

I have a picture sorting problem as well. I use 36 pictures for a one row pano. They are labeled from *001 to *036. In most cases picture *002 gets inserted in last position if dragging all pictures at once on the lighttable. I say "in most cases" cause once in a while the sorting is correct (maybe 1 out of 1o times).

All this is on a MacPro and OS X 10.5.5.

Ralf
=RS=

"open after creation" is not stored here within the project.
Again on a MacPro running 10.5.5

Ralf
PhotoSpherix

Ralf,

For now I have been working around it by adding the last image "#2" to the additional images and then putting it in at position #2. Not perfect, but it is a work around.

=RS= wrote:"open after creation" is not stored here within the project.
Again on a MacPro running 10.5.5

Ralf
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography
Panorade

Hello I am new here and i have i question
If I png files with transparency use am the background completely in disorder. Which file is the best output format e.g. Tif, GIF, or png.
strank

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and evaluating O2VR. I tried to output a flash from various single row image collections and keep having an issue at the very tail end of the spin when I select "wrap" in my control settings. It seems to jump back a frame then on to the 1st frame again. I have tried numerous settings as well as changing the poster frame to another image. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix?
JeffN

Not sure if this is a bug, or what, but here's the deal...

I have flash auto play set to ping-pong, speed 0.60 Speed is good, but the auto play starts before the image is finished loading.
So to fix that issue, I have a controller skin where I have an action set to toggle auto rotate after it's finished loading, I then set the auto rotate to Off. That takes care of the rotation starting before it's fully loaded, but now when the auto rotate starts the speed is WAY to fast, (even tho before 0.60 was good). I tried several slower settings but the speed setting in the auto play window has no effect when the auto play mode is set to off, and using the action to start auto rotate.
Also, because I have to set the mode to OFF (and use the action to toggle it on), I can't choose to use the ping-pong mode, it just defaults to rotate.
Is this a bug / limitation in the software programing or is there a fix.

Thomas, if it's glitch in software, could you include a fix in the new version of Object2VR.

Regards,
JeffN
Mowog

I would like to second Ralf's comment regarding betas 4 and 5 on Mac OS X 10.5.8:

Double-clicking Somefile.o2vr opens a new O2VR window with no data at all. However, if I choose Cmd-O and select the same file, it will load with all data there.

Now that I know an additional step is needed, I am fine, but I remade the same project twice, wondering what was going on! :roll: