Does anyone else have examples to show

Q&A about the latest versions
360Texas

Now that is an interesting aspect for object modeling. I would not have thought about fishing.

Only thought I might have on the work.. is .. anyway to show a dimension scale. Like a small measuring stick showing how long and wide they are?

The triple hooks are a good size reference. But I have seen some ocean going triple's suitable for sharks. Maybe not a good reference size.
castillonis

The following Gigapan Systems Beta Unit is my second attempt at a VR object. The object has the following problems.

1. Object is not orthogonal to normal from zx plane
2. Lower right hand side has background inconsistencies
3. Brushed metal bracket not in focus.
4. The 36th image of 36 images is missing.

http://www.stoneyphoto.com/forum/adjusted_out.mov
frodo

Hi, Castillonis!
Nice object to make an object movie from. It allows you also to make a multirow one, paning the bracket up and down. I need to make some examples and that gigapan head is very usefull. If you don´t mind I will make a movie with my own gigapan head. Will try to make it multirow. In your case (single row) you could have avoid the turntable. Placing the head in the center of the image just turning it on its own base could have been enough.
Thanks, regards, Martin :)
tomrathbone@me.com

Here are a couple of sculptures I did this weekend:
http://www.southrusselldesign.com/LeapFrog.html

Tom R.
smooth

Here is a link to a object movie I did in early 2005 on my home made custom built turntable.
Being a larger object it required some out of the box thinking for the turntable so I could complete the clients job. A small 30cm turntable or Lazy Susan wouldn't cut it here.

Originally built in Quicktime, I just rebuilt the object movie with Object2VR in Flash.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

At last i have something to put up.

I firstly did one with other software mentioned on this forum recently.
Took ages to do, was a little in depth but i got there in the end. With 35 png32 images plus the rest of the
file, sliders etc it came in at 2.18mb. yes i could get it smaller if i tried, and i think it looks pretty good.
I would say its handy if a client asks for something out of the norm.

The next i did with the same 35 images, using Object2VR. Took 10 minutes to input the images,
alter a few settings and create the movie. So, yes as Thomas says elsewhere this software is so
quick and easy to use. I am just hoping we get a few added extras in the next edition out.
(inertia, reflection or a few other bits some have asked for. Am really looking forward to hotspots so we can add info popups about the product)

Anyhow the link is http://www.webworld360.com/object_movies/cup.htm

All comments welcome. Obviously the info box and text and buttons can be changed.
Thanks John G.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
360Texas

with 35 it rotates smoothly !
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
visual360media

Too many ?
Weird that i emailed a demo to a non computer literate friend and he said it was jerky and maybe i should take
more pics! I think i have enough. I guess he seemed to think it should be like a video!

Your scooter looks Smooth. How many images was that?
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

John Goulding wrote: Your scooter looks Smooth. How many images was that?
John,

It is 36 images. All compressed 800x800px .jpgs and the total movie at this stage runs out at around 1mb.
The reason for 36 is when I made my large turntable I made 10 degree click stops.

Your first object movie has come out well, if a little heavy. Panning is nice.

Regards, Smooth 8)
frodo

Hi, John!
Well done! It runs smooth to me. Using the left or right buttons it spins almost like video. Your friend should use those. Using the automatic rotation button the movement will always be jerky.
BTW, how and with what software do you clean the background and base of the turntable? Do you clean it frame by frame/image by image or is there any batch processing involved. Thanks for any help.
Regards, Martin :)
visual360media

Hi Martin, thanks for the positive comments.
Well, it was my first try and so i played about til i got it the way i wanted. I do a bit of web work and have been using adobes
fireworks to edit the images as i have been using this for a few years. I used a home made turntable, a circle of ply screwed to
a lazy susan bearing i bought off the net, (see my other posts). This i painted white though i am now considering makin some
diff coloured felt or cloth overlays. I simply set the turn table onto a table in my conservatory (studio) and layed a loose sheet
in the background. When i took the shots (in raw) they looked great on the camera screen, not so good on the pc. So i exported
and renamed each image as jpgs. Then opened in fireworks, each image individually I am afraid, as couldnt work out how to batch process
the next steps. (i will look into it). I used the paint bucket tool and clicked on a few areas of the (dodgy) white and added a white fill.
All looked great. But in the movie they still didnt look brilliant so after a little reading up i discovered my best bet would be to go back
into fireworsk, click on the now pure white background, and delete it. Then export as png32 images as they can have transparent backgrounds.
I initially steered clear of them as only a few browsers support png files, but of course realised that the images are in the flash file.
The end result is as you see. Others may come up with other comments or ways of donig things but i am new to object movies, but
am particularly pleased with the image results. I am now looking forward to doing some more with other colour backgrounds. If object2vr
supports other colours, not sure will look later. Hope that helps.
cheers, John G.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

PhotoSpherix wrote:We do a far bit of post on the images
In this order
crop
resize
edit color
edit white
sharpen
compress
Hi. How about the reflections. I see they are in the original and the final. Are they real reflections
or photoshop trickery? I presume real then if they are in the original. So your table has nice shiny surface?
How about others. I see lots have reflections, how do you do them? Are they actual reflections
from your table? Or added in later? many thanks, John G.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

John Goulding wrote: Are they real reflections
or photoshop trickery?
This is easily done with Perspex (Plexiglas the Yanks call it).
Alternatively it is easy to fake in Photoshop.

Regards, Smooth 8)
PhotoSpherix

Smooths right, except we use glass not plexi. The plexi seems to act strange some times. We do use black plexi or lexan for dark shots. I read a note on DIY photography a few weeks back that I am going to try on a new client. Hard Cellophane, like what flowers are wrapped in from a florist, it is said that it reduces the double reflection. It is only a few mills thick and you reduce the double image.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography