Object2VR won't start anymore

Q&A about the latest versions
michel

Object2VR was working fine with no hiccup, but clicking on the Icon of a previously saved project file opened the Application with an empty window. I consequently unchecked "Start with empty project window" in the Preferences settings. Though I may have misunderstood the meaning of this simple operation?

Since that change being done, the application won't fully launch anymore. Both "Object2VR" and "File" appear on the menu bar (MacOS 10.5.5 Intel) but "Tools" and "Help" are missing!
From the dropdown menu "File>New" or "File>Open" are ineffective: No project window opens at all. The Preferences are also inaccessible. Reboot of Leopard didn't help.

I have then re-installed the App from the original [object2vr_macos_2_0_beta.dmg] volume but again with no avail: A main setting for the Application seems to be corrupt in the system:-(

Please Help...

Michel
michel

I have repaired the failure by myself.
Looking into the Library/Preferences, I have found the ---Object2VR.plist file and I have trashed it.

The App is now back in order:-)

Michel
thomas
Chief Gnome

This option is not implemented correctly, sorry.
MfG, Thomas
michel

thomas wrote:This option is not implemented correctly, sorry.
Thomas,

It seems that the Windows version differs from MacOS in that respect: There is no [Startup] and [Closing] options in the "Settings" while I can check or uncheck these boxes in the "Preferences".

This might be on purpose though.

Michel
thomas
Chief Gnome

michel wrote:
thomas wrote:This option is not implemented correctly, sorry.
It seems that the Windows version differs from MacOS in that respect: There is no [Startup] and [Closing] options in the "Settings" while I can check or uncheck these boxes in the "Preferences".
This might be on purpose though.
Yes it is. On Windows you can start an app several times, on the Mac there is just one app with many windows. So the idea is to start the app on the Mac without a window and then add several project windows to it. Unfortunately I forgot to implement this behavior in beta1 (and 2) but I will try to fix this soon.
MfG, Thomas
olivepro

I had the exact same problem, with the same OS and machine..
Thanks so much Michel for taking the time to post your fix !!!!

And as always, fantastic app Thomas ! :D

~Joey
Olivethreesixty.com