Feature wishlist

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

You can with viewer mode, do a search for it or download the skin I put up in user skins.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
I don’t know if this is possible and so far have not managed to make it work.
In Object2VR the move to view action has to have the // after the pan value, what would be nice is for the tilt (row) and FoV to work as well.
All the best and keep up the good work, cracking software.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Thommen

Hello Thomas,

I have posted topics about that but it seems there is no way to di it at this time :

The ability to changing or customize the pointer like in Pano2Vr !

The default one is not showing the interactive aera and its possibilities !
If you've a trick to changing the pointer, I take it right now !

Thanks !

Thommen
smooth

I have a request:

I would like the option to right click on any item in the skin "Tree" and have a right mouse click context menu appear with options:

Copy
Copy as Group/Family
Paste
Paste as Parent
Paste as Child
Paste as Group/Family
Cut
Set as Parent
Set as Child

Or some sort of system like it.

It would be so much easier than the fiddly find the right spot between objects.
It would also speed up placement.

Regards, Smooth 8)
jare

Hand cursor for text.
sunoj.vijayan

I would be brilliant if we would like to control Hotspots from the container through as2 and 3
1 To add an swf in place of a hotspot by using the hotspot id.
2. To make one hotspot visible or invisible with its id

and stuff like that. Otherwise a great software.
Stuart75

I think I'm not the first to say it, but it's really important: in zoom mode, you can move the image without using the key mauscule 8)
Gilad

Hi Thomas,

Here are 2 features that I would be happy to see being implemented

1. When viewing the images by dragging the mouse, all the images are shown. What I mean is that if I rotate the images from Image 1 to image 10 I see all the images when moving the mouse. When I move the mouse slowly I expect to see all the images from 1 to 10 but if the mouse is moved fast I would like to skip some of the images so the output will be faster and there won't be a delay that the viewer has to wait until all the images are viewed. I think this is pretty easy if you get the delta time passed since one mouse movement to the other and if the mouse has moved allot then skip and image or two.

2. Sometimes I photograph 80 images in a row but would only like to use 40 or 20 in the SWF file. In the Input window under Sequence Setup I would like to see next to Rows something like "Every Nth image" if Nth is 1 then the images that are used are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6... if Nth is 2 then the used images are 0,2,4,6,8....

Very nice work and quite easy to use without any manual. In most of the cases that I thought "Hmmm... an option to do this would be nice" I found out that an option already exists.

Thanks,

Gilad.
strank

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE expedite development of iPad playable viewer. This is a major thorn in my side and I am sure to many other users. Yes, there are some alternatives such as jquery.vostrel.cz/reel but many of us have a lot invested in O2VR and want 1 solution. I have had to resort to paying a developer to write a custom iPad app just for our own sales and promotion. Please help soon!
vollmtbi

strank wrote:PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE expedite development of iPad playable viewer.
That's my wish too.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Please see: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/bt/roadmap_page.php
Make sure you have Object2VR selected.
When Pano2VR V3 is out of beta, if not sooner, work will start on Object2VR.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
JeffN

I would like to see and have use for a "dissolve" setting. This would allow things like
1) showing the effect of motion between shots, ie: doors opening, drawers moving in and out, parts moving. Also, this would / could reduce the number of images that need to be taken to give fluidity, and therefore could reduce the file size on all projects, especially large multi-row.
2) it would allow a simple slide show feature, especially useful in a kiosk mode (which Thomas is working on... right Thomas???)
3) it would be useful in removing some of the jerkiness in an object movie, without having to add more frames. Even with a lot of frames, depending on the subject, the movie can have a jerky feel.
4) this feature would open up the door for other creative uses / looks when creating object movies. This would help Garden Gnome / Object2VR stand out above others in the market.

•It would necessary to be able to set the timing between frames.

•A simple dissolve would be best, but others may have a need / use for other types of transitions, ie: wipes - top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right, right to left; diagonal wipes, spins, box in & out, etc.

Thanks Thomas for a great product.

Jeff Natrop
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Please see Issue #214
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
strank

Thomas,
Here are a couple more simple features that I would find very helpful and add flexibility to your software.
1- when I toggle auto rotate on either at the flash output window or as an action in the skin I would like to have the option of reversing direction (clockwise or counter clockwise).
2- I would like to have the ability in the skin to add a button to close the browser window.
Thanks,
Steve T
jobes

Hey there. Here's my number 1 request in what is otherwise a significantly improved (and very useful) piece of software

As per my original post (wow, was it really so long ago?) I'm still looking to find a quick and reproducible way to 'batch add' hotspots. If one is wanting to add detailed hotspots to photos or renders, being able to use either labelled alpha channels in the source image, or a separate range of images, would be very useful.

Here's an example… I shoot a 12x12 row/column set of a doll's house, and want to add separate hotspots for each of the five windows and the door on the front of the house, and the windows on the side and back walls. I might find it easier to use the various tools in Photoshop to create a mask for each frame where the target is in shot, then either save those frames out as a TIFF with alpha, or 2x TIFFS/JPEGS.

I'm not knocking the draw tools in Object2VR (much… ;-) ) but they're not as robust and flexible as those in PS. Nevermind the possibility of using matchmoving software like Mocha to quickly roto out the elements… that could be another use.

If you used separate files you could then perhaps add them to the hotspot editor, using a light table-like device, much like the main window. Do this on a 'per hotspot' basis and you could then super-quickly add a whole range of accurate hotspots

I think the above could be very useful for both photographers and CG artists alike, possibly widening the market for Object2VR? Thanks for all the hard work to date… appreciated!

jobes wrote:Great work so far on O2VR ... bought a licence yesterday and despite coming across some typical beta issues :D i'm impressed

I'm particularly interested in rendered outputs from 3d apps and have created image sequences and successfully used them to create .mov and .swf versions. I keenly await a further version which supports hotlinks, and would like to suggest using image alphas as hotspots. This would allow content creators to render out images with one or more alpha channels, helping to isolate the target from the background. This may support the earlier post asking for chromokey support: perhaps an easy way to support this is to edit each individual image in the appropriate image editor and key out the bkgd, then save this info in the alpha channel

as everyone else says, great product and please keep up the good work! :D