Feature wishlist

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Please post your wishes for Object2VR here.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

For Flash output:

1. Cursor pointers on Flash format like as Pano2VR
2. Simple drag'n'drop import images sequence

* In most cases interested - simple ~36 frames horizontal image sequence with custom frame size (e.g. 800x600)
so, fast and flexibility possibilities for import this content from Maya\3DS Max rendering output pics (or other CAD system) with any named sequence (e.g. model001... 036)
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
360Texas

I agree minimum of 36 images in a row. 1 at 10° degrees.

Example - Nike Tennis shoe 36 image x 3 rows all rotating at 10 degree increment stops

1. top view (tennis shoe to show the shoe top) raise camera and Tilt down 45 degrees
2. normal horizonal row no tilt - 0 degree horizon
3. bottom view (tennis shoe to show the shoe bottom) camera at same elevation as 1. Tilt down 45 degrees

Images at 800 x 600 pixels x 3 rows x 36 images - produces a VERY large file.

I found that images must be reduced to 200 x 100 pixels to reduce over all file size.

Chroma Key for background removal. Use a FLAT no fold single color GREEN or BLUE so can remove background.
Color in object must not be same color as background color. That includes whites, grays, black, shadow colors.

Photoshop CSx has a tool they acquired from Vertus Fluid Mask that once set.. removes same color color set to transparent
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

@360Texas

36 frames (images) only, with one viewport...

frame sizes can be a differents- example for 320x240 viewport need 640x480 (if use zoom function)
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
michel

thomas wrote:Please post your wishes for Object2VR here.
On the Light Table window there are some goodies that I would like to have:
- "Undo" at least for one step back.
- Ability to select several images simultaneously at least on one row with the help of standard [Key + Click] ways of selection.
- Ability to create new row(s) of image ABOVE the existing rows, not only below them.
- Display of images file name, path, etc. while hovering over the thumbnail (à la Pano2QTVR).
- Ability to reduce the bottom workspace : the spare images area could alternatively be shown on/off at will.
- On the Mac: make able the three buttons (red, orange, green) as well as the double-click on the window top standard feature.
- Localization in other languages (e.g. French): I could help if needed.
PhotoSpherix

On the Mac... The ability to delete images from the light table, and a way to store "My" preferences for each field or last used, that way I do not have to set them for every object I make. :D
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
BBBright

Hi Thomas,

I just purchased a license for Object2VR through PayPal, and received my license key by email less than 6 minutes later! Talk about service!! Many thanks.

I find zooming with the mouse wheel a bit counterintuitive. I'd like to be able to scroll the wheel forward to zoom in, and backwards to zoom out, rather than vice versa. Could you add a "reverse mouse wheel" option to the Viewing Parameters dialog?

Thanks for a terrific product, and for your exceptionally prompt service!

Cheers,
BBBright@VictoriaVR.ca
visual360media

Hi Thomas.
I may be missing this but it would be cool if when you choose the image,
it recognises all the other images are from same date, set, or whateverer and then
says so, then asks if you want to add them all or not, kinda like the way Ptgui does.
I dont get the fact that you have to count your images, and then alter the columns to suit.
Again, maybe you are ahead of me on this and i havnt found the option yet, or am doing something wrong!

Mmmm is that the add image sequence? But it doesnt seem to add the images there..or i cannot get it to.

I wonder if you could explain the add images options, as the tutorial shows draggin the lot in, so what or how
do the options for add individual or sequence do?

I know its early days, keep up the good work, I like it.

Thanks, John G.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
jobes

Great work so far on O2VR ... bought a licence yesterday and despite coming across some typical beta issues :D i'm impressed

I'm particularly interested in rendered outputs from 3d apps and have created image sequences and successfully used them to create .mov and .swf versions. I keenly await a further version which supports hotlinks, and would like to suggest using image alphas as hotspots. This would allow content creators to render out images with one or more alpha channels, helping to isolate the target from the background. This may support the earlier post asking for chromokey support: perhaps an easy way to support this is to edit each individual image in the appropriate image editor and key out the bkgd, then save this info in the alpha channel

as everyone else says, great product and please keep up the good work! :D
mlapchick

Hello all,

Wonderful piece of software you have here. Here's a link to my first attempt at using it.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/243249/4g%20vacuum.swf

Most of the day today was spent playing with the settings trying to get the outcome I was looking for (which leads me to my first few feature requests).

1) I'd like a preview feature instead of having to compile each time to see the changes.

2) Finding the relationship between the minimum/maximum zoom, window size, and image width is really difficult. Is there a more intuitive way to present these options?

3) Using the scroll wheel for zoom works in the Flash Player, but not wrapped in HTML. I don't think this has anything to do with your work, but any work around thoughts would be appreciated.

4) I love love love the skin editor. You've done a great job with this. Very intuitive and functional. I'd like for my control bar NOT to scale with the viewer window. On that, is there any way to lock the window size so that it doesn't scale with the browser window?
The scaling of the skin (especially the text.png) is pretty nasty and quickly becomes illegible. Maybe I just need to find a setting that already exists but have not yet been able to do so.

5) I'd like the option of assigning the PAN function to a button if possible (rather than the shift+drag method).

So far, that's about it. We'll likely be one of your power users and will be back with more questions and suggestions in the coming weeks.

Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Mike
markdfink

Hi Mike,

Brand new to Object VR here, having just downloaded the demo yesterday, but I managed to get a nice Object VR put together in a matter of minutes. Kudos to Thomas for a great piece of software. Your example answered one of the questions I was going to ask, namely how to pan around once you have zoomed in. I noticed something by accident. If you hold the Alt key down while scrolling the mouse, you can zoom in or out QUITE a bit! It looks like it expands and contracts the SWF object.

I'm working on a proposal to do an aircraft, so I'll be shooting high resolution and will need to allow both zooming and panning. It looks like I've found the perfect software!

Mark
http://www.360cities.net
http://www.pinnacle-vr.com
http://www.northernlight.net
markdfink

I've been reading some of the other posts in the various topics and have a question regarding resolution. As I mentioned in the previous post, I have been asked to put together a quote on doing an object VR of an aircraft. Talk about jumping into the deep end of the pool!

Since the aircraft is large, I want to shoot it at maximum resolution, around 21MP, so that they can zoom in and pan. However, even though this will be run locally off of a disk, or possibly over an internal network, something this large will:

a. take awhile to load
b. not be smooth as you spin
c. put a load on the workstation

In light of this, I was wondering if there is a way, especially if I use the Flash output, to break the images into smaller tiles for multi-resolution loading, along the lines of what krpano does? That way, I could present a window of medium size, not necessarily filling the screen, which would have images of one resolution, then, as they zoom in, tiles for the higher resolution would be loaded dynamically.

Thanks,

Mark
http://www.360cities.net
http://www.pinnacle-vr.com
http://www.northernlight.net
michel

If only I could load on the light table some my old series of .pct images...
Those images were intended for making object movies with QTVRAS that can't be installed on the newer Macbook Pro:-(
Conversion to JPG can be done prior to inputting of course, but I dare to dream that Object2VR might input this legacy format sometime in the future.

Michel
thomas
Chief Gnome

markdfink wrote: In light of this, I was wondering if there is a way, especially if I use the Flash output, to break the images into smaller tiles for multi-resolution loading, along the lines of what krpano does?
Currently not, but this is a good idea for a future version.
MfG, Thomas
LuoChen

wish to remove "Update" button of "Light Table"

This is not a big problem, but every time we input new number of "Columns" or "Row" why we need to click "Update" button each time to make it update?

Would be good if it'll update at the same time we input the new number.
http://www.CGDigg.com
CGDigg: Your daily fresh CG news