Feature wishlist

Q&A about the latest versions
mediavr

I would like to be able to change the arrows with ping-pong movies so that they change to a neutral appearance when one has reached the rotation limits so users know there is no use clicking them. Also it would be nice to have multiple view state movies. cf eg
http://developer.apple.com/documentatio ... ion_4.html

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
When Object2VR gets hotspots can we have the action Load Next Object/Pano
Many thanks
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Run

Hello Everyone,

First, great job Thomas! looking very good on the beta. I have been doing Object Vr's since the very begining and really think this is going to be the definitive software for compilation, you are off to a great start. Have'nt been around here before this as I have been tied up medically and not been working for awhile but now that I am back hope all of you dont mind if I jump right in.

As a way of introduction my partner and I designed and built a hand held device for controlling Kaidan object rigs to create the images for Object VRs. You can see a small blurb about it at http://www.scirobo.com. Right now it only works with Kaidan rigs but it fully automates every aspect of the shoot, including triggering the camera, detecting flash and fully controlling even the dual axis object rigs. I would be curious to know how many here would be interested in a product like this. So please feel free to speak up.

Lastly I would like to request a feature or modification to the present incarnation of the software. I would like to see that all requesters tie together in their locations, in other words when I load a series of images from a specific location then that location becomes the default root for all other media associated with the project e.g. saving .mov files causes the requester to automaticlly open in the same directory that the original images came from, this being true for saving the flash movies as well.

One more thing, I was playing around with some full color stuff with generated (graduated) backgrounds and noticed that the colors were different between the flash and quictime outputs. Is there a way we can set a color pallete that would be used for the conversion? I know that the best way to get flash to compile images accurately is to begin with tifs. I did a very serious amount of testing on this a while back and found that tif is the only format that Flash converts accuratly enough when color is critical. A lot of the object movies I do are for Govt clients and color accuracy is very important to them

Thanks for listening and good luck with the beta and launch, looking forward to the release and will continue to test.

Thanks
Rick
JeffN

In the User Data window:
Add a way to save the data as a template or in other words, save data/info
For all of my Object movies a good chunk of the data stays the same, like:
Author, Copyright, Source, Information. So it would be nice not to have to retype in the same information over and over. Just click on a "Load Data" button.

Thanks
JeffN
JeffN

In the Light Table:
I agree with a previous post, to make a way to cmd + click on a file or multiple files and hit delete to remove them. Make a way to not just move them to the "spare images" area, but to delete completely.

Also, make it so that when I load my images into the light table, that the file names appear below the thumbnail images. Often I need to replace an image for one reason or another and it would much easier to identify where it goes / which one I'm replacing. They often look so similar that its hard to tell which one I need to swap out.

Thanks
JeffN
jobes

Hi Thomas

Still enjoying using the existing beta of OBject2VR, but running into many of the previously documented issues and was wondering you'll be releasing an update anytime soon? Eagerly awaiting it … thanks in advance!

jobes
PAMCO VR TURNTBALE

DE-wobble

&

"Auto" Keying

Sincerly, PAMCO motion control, sales.
=RS=

Would be great if we could store presets for the "user data" fields!
anivisual

Hopki wrote:When Object2VR gets hotspots can we have the action Load Next Object/Pano
Nearly the same here: Load next Pano.swf/Object.swf with simple textlink.

Thanks!
Bruno
Mdholl

It would be nice to have file names under pics in "Light Table".
It is helpful, because pics are small, and in most cases photos named in series.
JeffN

In the actions for the skin controller, I'd like to see an action that would allow in an Object flash movie, to make a button and assign an action that would allow the viewer to click the button and then click and hold inside the window and when zoomed in, to be able to move / scroll around the zoomed in object.
Now you have to hold down the Shift and click and drag the image around. Many clients / viewers are not aware of this keyboard function. So a button would eliminate that.

JeffN
PhotoSpherix

Mdholl wrote:It would be nice to have file names under pics in "Light Table".
It is helpful, because pics are small, and in most cases photos named in series.
And they all look really really similar!
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
Can you look at simulation, rather than the object just stopping?
Also I would like to see the open next panorama working, to open an object from a pano and of course a hotspot back from the object back to the pano, all opening in the same player and using the same skin.

Many thanks Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote:Hi Thomas
What do you mean with that?
Also I would like to see the open next panorama working, to open an object from a pano and of course a hotspot back from the object back to the pano, all opening in the same player and using the same skin.
Yes, this is also very high on the list and this will come before the final 2.0.
MfG, Thomas
Hopki
Gnome

thomas wrote:
Hopki wrote:Hi Thomas
What do you mean with that?
Hi Thomas
When you have finished turning the object with your mouse it stops dead.
It would be cool if it carried on and slowed down to a stop. The same as Simulation in Pano2VR when turning the panorama, with Simulation ON it slows to a stop, and with it off it stop dead like QT.
Just a thought :)
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com