Zoom and multiresolution settings

Q&A about the latest versions
jriley

If I have a multiresolution object movie with 5 levels of tiling, how do I determine the maximum zoom level?

Tiling levels: 288, 576, 1152, 2304, 4608 (automatically determined by Object2VR).
The default window size is set to 700x525, but that is arbitrary. I might would have thought I would divide the maximum tile size by the length of one side of the window to get an approximation of the maximum zoom, but the window can also be set to be full screen, so that doesn't necessarily make sense to me either, since different monitors are different sizes. Should it be the same number as the levels of tiling (is there any relationship there, anyhow?)

I am sure there is an obvious answer that I am just not seeing.
360Texas

Hi Jriley,

If the process is like Pano2vr multi res setup and you have full screen option, the output software will automatically sense the viewing devices (smartphone, tablet or desktop) screen dimensions and deliver the proper set of tiles to fit that screen. Its auto-magic. Because you have different levels ... when you zoom in on that screen... only the set of tiles that they are currently looking at will be delivered. As the object rotates ... the next set of tiles will fill the screen. Its only necessary to deliver the tiles being viewed at the moment. Tiles are small and deliver quickly.

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com