Help with shooting building exteriors

Q&A about the latest versions
jpuglise

Hey all, I was hoping I could get some insight on how to shoot building exteriors for use with Object2vr? I know most common use of this software is for tabletop product shots but I have seen a couple of examples where they shot a large rocket and large truck outdoors. Since I am new to this software, I am not sure how to go about laying out my shots for larger outdoor objects such as these. It looks like it is possible, I was just wondering if there is anyone with any experience doing a shoot such as this? And if they could give some insight. Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi jpuglise,
For large object such as cars and planes you would pick a centre spot and use rope and chock and draw a large circle.
You can make 10 degree marks then use these as your points to shoot.

For very large buildings you could use Google Maps, make a circle around it on the screen and get the GPS location by right button clicking in the map.
Then use a hand held GPS device to go to these locations for your shorts.

The size of the shoot means that if you are a few meters out it probably will not notice.
Just make sure you pick a centre point of the building so you always point to it in each location.
You can then resize and image if its noticeably to large or small.

The other thing to do is ask Andrew Bodrov.
His link is in the examples page.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/