iBooks Author 2.4

Q&A about the latest versions
RWeekes

Hi Guys,

I'm working on revamping an existing project that includes a few Html widgets, some with custom skins. Really I'm only trying to replace the original images with newly created images and then export out the same original settings that have worked in the past. After creating the build the Html displays appropriately in a browser.
Looks good here...
Looks good here...
Html working fine.jpg (289.33 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
My problem is that now when I place the widget (new or old) in iBooks they only display a small fraction of each image (about 1/4 of the top left) and then seem to scale the rest of the image and skin out of the visible field.
Preview looks good so far...but
Preview looks good so far...but
Preview image placed in iBooks Author hmm.jpg (197.19 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Ibooks Author Preview says no no no...
Ibooks Author Preview says no no no...
iBooks Author Preview HTML blah.jpg (64.62 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
iBooks previews says it knows what I want...
iBooks previews says it knows what I want...
Preview image placed in iBooks Author hmm.jpg (197.19 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
..then iBooks laughs and goes to lunch...
..then iBooks laughs and goes to lunch...
iBooks Proof preview grr.jpg (103 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Now for the list of what I've tried so far...

Made sure I'm updated to the latest ibook.ggt.
Used auto and/or absolute values for the Image Width setting and changed the size of the preview image to match on each attempt. (No change)
Used auto and/or absolute values for the Image Window Size with every combination of Image Scaling. (No change)
Enabled and/or Disabled Multi-resolution. (No change)
Resized Skin to remove any scaling. (No change)
Added all elements of the skin to a single container and sized it to match the images and preview images. (No change)
Totally recreated the skin from scratch with new files. (No change)

If anyone would like to take a look at my .o2vr file or the .wdgt or the .ggsk let me know and I'll be happy to send a copy.
I'm wondering if anyone else has had trouble after the latest update of iBooks Author this October? I have my fingers crossed that this is just a simple patch waiting to be released...

Any help or funny comments appreciated...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You have to make sure your window size and preview image is the same size.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RWeekes

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the reply. As I listed on my attempted fixes, I made sure the Window Size, Image Width and Preview Image size were all the same (that was the first fix I found and tried here on the forum before posting). First I just created my Preview Image at the size of the Auto Settings. When that didn't change anything I set the Image Window size manually to the exact dimensions of my preview image. That didn't help at all either. Then I set the Image Width and Image Window Size all manually to match my Preview Image dimensions. None of this had any effect. Then I went through the rest of the list of my attempted fixes(listed on my previous post).

Preview Image (Default.png) is 576x768
Image Width set to 576px
Image Window Size set to 576x768

I'm still at a loss here...
360Texas

default file type = .png probably 24bit png.
576x768
Would work set of images pixels per inch (ppi) resolution have anything to do with this issue ?

Are all your object pictures the same ppi ? Your images might be the same dimensions but resampled to higher resolution

Example dimensions:
Original @72 ppi is 1878 w x 666 h pixels and be 26.083 inches 9.25 inches
Changed to higher res 144 ppi resolution where dimension remain unchanged at 1878w x 666h
but image document is 13.042 x 4.625 inches (read 1/2 size [_] image is not resampled)
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RWeekes

Eureka!! Tex...I wanna buy you a steak dinner.

Images were 576x768@300ppi reworked all the images to 72ppi (including the preview image) and...Viola! Scaling is corrected. I could almost cry...

Thanks guys!

Long live the gnomes!
360Texas

It was only some out-side-the-box thinking that appears to have worked for you.

You are welcome. All the Garden Gnomes are pleased.

Martin, we might need to add this image resolution 'fix' to our lessons learned book.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com