WILL THERE EVER BE A NEW OBJECT2VR UPDATE?

Q&A about the latest versions
HSharma​

Hi,
Simple question... asked so many times that it has become a broken record... will there ever be a new object2 VR version?

appreciate a "other than" broken record answer..

Harsh
HSharma​

Any updates on this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harsh,
For fear of sounding like a broken record, there is not much we can add at this point.
Is Object2VR still an active product, yes. Do we have plans for it, yes.
Pano2VR customers have seen quite a bit of skin development, once it is ready this will get ported over to Object2VR at some point.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HSharma​

oh Man!
PhotoSpherix

I have a question, and I am not trying to get in the weeds here. I spend day in and day out in making "simple" 360 views for products. Some single row and some multi-row.
I do not use the skin editor that much at all, really, I just use it maybe for less than 3% of the total of the 360 views we create. All the rest are just like the first.

That being said, I see where we could have lots of production improvements to Object2vr, but I have written many scripts(Apple Automator) that make it to where I can handle this from the machine level and I use Object2vr just to create some of the final 360s and/or the source files.

Some of the things that I could see added are the following:
AI driven background removal or at least a little more control over the images and better handling of already transparent images.
PNG compression.
Pre-made export options for different vendors and online sites.
Barcode scanning for naming filesets.
Ability to interconnect the export to a spreadsheet to export out different naming structures for different online sites.
A new compile for M1/M2 chips.
Architecture change for larger original files.
Batch file change from templates.

From a player standpoint:
Our customers are not currently looking for many more options from the player.

Rig and Turntable control:
Better understanding or instruction on writing our own rig controls. I have multiple Arduino tables and arms that I can not control with Object2vr, but I have changed over my workflow to not need it.

I have been here since the beginning and I might be one of the last guys to turn the lights out at the end! I love the software, and it has been a great option, I just fear that it might be being left behind! That being said, I have not found a better option that gives me the control that I need and want, so maybe it will not and I do not want to write my own again.

Disclaimer: I have always felt that objects are the stepchild of panoramic views in the 360 world, and this is not just at Garden Gnome, this is all around the world. Why I do not know, but we are.

OK NOW ON TO THE QUESTION!
I have a magic tool that will make the new version by end of week, what would you change and why? Or is it just to have an update on an already pretty handy piece of software?
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
andras

Hopki wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:00 pm Hi Harsh,
For fear of sounding like a broken record, there is not much we can add at this point.

If you do not see room for improvement considering the looks of the dialogue box attached (for example), I guess then all is great.
andras

PhotoSpherix wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:09 pm Disclaimer: I have always felt that objects are the stepchild of panoramic views in the 360 world, and this is not just at Garden Gnome, this is all around the world. Why I do not know, but we are.
You are not wrong:

I mean there is a reason why even (1) on the ggnome website the upgrade options link for Pano2VR has been updated, while the same for Object2VR leads nowhere, but defaults back to the homepage [https://ggnome.com/gg_faq/upgrade/].

Object2VR is the only app currently on my laptop that (2) fails the update initiated from within the app.
Image.

(3) See my note on the interface above.

(4) No response to your feature suggestions, although you clearly put some thought and time into it, based on a formidable amount of experience . . . .

. . . and I find these idiosyncrasies after fiddling with the app/website for a mere 20 minutes. Should I look farther, lol?!