Tree, parent, child question

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Carel

I am working on a skin with map that needs to be slideable. This seems to work with the map as parent and the hotspots on the map as children. Now I want to add other elements as parents, so that they can have their own behaviors and their own children.
How do I force an added image to be a parent?

Carel Struycken
henri_smeets

When I drag a bunch of PNG's into the editor-window they are all parents, make sure you have not selected any image in the tree view or editor-window though.

Hope this answers you queston :)
Carel

Yes, but the problem is that if I make one of the parents slide, all other elements, both children (as expected) AND other parents also slide.

Carel
henri_smeets

I guess those slides are just to damn irresistable for both parents and children!

Sorry, the used lingo made me put this comment here even though I cannot provide a real solution, maybe Thomas can help here? :?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Carel wrote:Yes, but the problem is that if I make one of the parents slide, all other elements, both children (as expected) AND other parents also slide.
You need to define the slide function with a child not in the parent. It is not exactly logical at first, but it gives more flexibility.
MfG, Thomas