fullscreen or fullscreen?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
MPW

Hi, I think I have to open a new one, because I can´t find something helpfull.

To use as many devices as possible I found a lot of topics.
I´m using multiresolution for flash (375//1500/750/375 with load on startup),
the same for html5 and additionally mobile settings (1024/1440, 960/700, 480/416) and activated fullscreen under html-tab.

When using my old little Galaxy S+ the flash-pano uses the whole screen, but it does not fit in. I mean, some buttons are outside the screen. When clicking the fullscreen-button, however the whole button-menu becomes visible.
Do I get it right that multiresolution and mobile settings are just helping to get the right picture-size of the pano depending of device-resolution but don´t help on the skin-buttons?
And when producing a fullscreen index.html it´s not the same fullscreen as I get when clicking my fullscreen-button?
Is there a solution to get the very, very full fullscreen for my flash-output on startup?
360Texas

[edit ]
There are 2 flavors of full screen. Full browser window and Full monitor screen. It might also mean that the pano2vr view port window is larger than your logical screen size. Maybe it was developed to be seen in landscape (long side horizontal). One of my panoramas does just that... better viewed in landscape orientation. For portrait screen orientation I had to shorten the tool bar down to only 3 buttons to be viewed 'in the viewer'.

OR

Its not so much the old smart phone, as it is:

its Operating system
its memory capacity
its browser name and version if it is using WebGL and WebKit
and its logical screen size which is not the dimension of the glass screen

Then you can best determine flash, html5, and and then the multires values. Not sure why you are using the mobile setting.

Yes we are using Samsung Gs4 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and it is using full version of Google Chrome version 32.xx and all panoramas created with Pano2vr 4.5.0 Stable work properly
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
MPW

You see, I´m just starting to get deeper into the different settings.
Guess, that I ´ll look for a mobile setting tutorial, because I thought these values
will make it easier to download the panosize that is big enough for the html5-device.
Found these values within the forum.

So to get it right: the multiresolution settings are sufficient to facilitate the download?

I´m just wundering, because producing a fullscreen-html doesn´t fit, but when I touch
the fullscreen-button it does?
360Texas

So to get it right: the multiresolution settings are sufficient to facilitate the download?

I´m just wundering, because producing a fullscreen-html doesn´t fit, but when I touch
the fullscreen-button it does?
From where I sit... multiresolution settings are sufficient. The Pano2vr has a sniffer code set that delivers the proper sized tiles to the device.

Example, when a smartphone visits your site and starts the panorama.. the embedded sniffer code sends a query to the smartphone asking the device "what is your screen size" "is your browser Flash content enabled". Depending on the reply the player will select the proper tile size to that device. Same activity occurs with tablets and desktops. Hello, Please send me your screen size and do you have Adobe's Flash plug (or equal) active in your browser.

IF screen size is known - then the proper sized tiles will be delivered. IF Flash is not available then HTML5 tile size will be delivered. IF no flash or the browser is not HTML5 content aware (many browser are still not HTML5 aware yet) then the device's browser will show a black or white screen with an err message.

So that is why it is important to build your panorama's for HTML5 with Flash Fall Back. It is also important to enable Multires on both Flash and HTML output. Flash will then use the same tiles as the HTML5. The economy of 1 set of tiles for both minimizes the total number and collective tile size on the server as well as the "thru-put volume" and number of tiles needed to be downloaded from the server to the device.

Pano2vr HTML5 (flash and HTML5) default selections are suitable for smartphones, tablets and desktops.

I suspect you already have read... http://ggnome.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... ion#p37308
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
MPW

Thank you 360texas for all your explanations.
Yes, I´ve found a lot about settings for all these different devices.
And I´m still looking for the best compromise to serve them all.

By the way: when using the integrated flash fall back player, which uses the different sized tiles, the result
isn´t as good as using a swf-file as fall back. But that´s maybe because of my older test-devices.