map with hotspots

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
ftrippie

Not sure if it is really a skin, but definitely a skin related question. Might even have been asked before, but I can't find it:

I noticed that using the Skin Editor, I can quickly create a map with hotspots inside the flash pano. The hotspots pointing to other panos have:
As Action: Goto URL
As URL: the other pano
As Target: here I get into problems, I would like it to open within the same flashwindow (the actual file) and reload with an other pano... If I use _blank or another pano.swf, it will open a new browser window.

I reckon the thing is to use a container, but I am not sure. Anybody?

Cheers
FTrippie
Svendus

EXAMPLE go to this site and click on the link "Panorama Klicka här! The panorama window pops upp
Find the hotspot "Step inside and click it the New pano3.swf lays in the same folder on the server
but you can link to any .swf file addressed on http://www.
pano-link.png
pano-link.png (189.94 KiB) Viewed 14089 times
Last edited by Svendus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
ftrippie

Actually, that should work. Thanks!

I went straight to your pano2.swf to make sure it is going from SWF to SWF and not from HTML (your popup window) to SWF.... and if I then step inside, it opens pano3.swf in the same window. That should be good! Now need to check a hotspot on a map which I placed in the skin....

Yep, it works! As long as I open the swf in a browser window, it stays there. I was confused before, because I was viewing my SWF in the Adobe Flash Player runtime version (standalone). But viewing it in the browser, as one would normally, it works!

Thanks again!

FTrippie
ftrippie

However, what won't work (or at least I don't know how in this way), is non-full screen tours. If I have my SWF embedded in a webpage with a certain format and position (with other things around it), and then click on a hotspot, how do I stay within that place? So, only replacing the pano window?

Basically just like the Container example, if I would embed that into a webpage and click on a hotspot, it would stay within that container... No?

Cheers,
FTrippie
Svendus

But the safest is to let the hotspot go to an html page http://www.svendus.se/segerstad/pano3.html
in the same folder Explorer 7 have an stupid bug
And do to the safety settings it is not always possible to open .pdf .mow and.swf files direct in the browser
Ie version 6 and Firefox do not have this behavior
more information on this link this link
:wink:
Last edited by Svendus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svendus

ftrippie wrote:However, what won't work (or at least I don't know how in this way), is non-full screen tours. If I have my SWF embedded in a webpage with a certain format and position (with other things around it), and then click on a hotspot, how do I stay within that place? So, only replacing the pano window?
Basically just like the Container example, if I would embed that into a webpage and click on a hotspot, it would stay within that container... No?
Popup-window that opens with a link
Step 1:
Put this code within <HEAD>

Code: Select all

<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function popUp() {
props=window.open('YOUR_WEBSIDE.HTML', 'poppage', 'toolbars=0, scrollbars=0, 
location=0, statusbars=0, menubars=0, resizable=0, width=200, height=300, left = 
100, top = 100');
}
// End -->
</script>
Step 2:
Put this code within <BODY>

<A HREF="javascript:popUp()">Click here!</A>
OBS! Tips
To open more than one window on same page
function popUp1()
function popUp2()

Change 0 with 1: or yes if you want toolbars=0, scrollbars=0,
location=0, statusbars=0, menubars=0, resizable=0
Attachments
popup.txt
(588 Bytes) Downloaded 592 times
Last edited by Svendus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roy Reed

This is a slightly better way to do the JS for the popup window (and you had a small syntax error - no comma after height=300).

In the head

<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- Begin
function popUp(URL) {
props=window.open(URL, 'poppage', 'toolbars=0, scrollbars=0, location=0, statusbars=0, menubars=0, resizable=0, width=200, height=300, left=100, top=100');
}
// End -->
</script>
and in the body

<a href="Your_Website.html" onclick="popUp(this.href);return false;" title="Opens in a new window">Click here!</a>
Svendus

This is a slightly better way to do the JS for the popup window (and you had a small syntax error - no comma after height=300).
Sorry about that, Roy it functions any way without it but how to open more than one window on same page ? :)
Last edited by Svendus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ftrippie

Guys, thank you very much for the answers, it looks perfect and I would certainly do it that way myself as well. But now to my main problem, which is the fact that the client has got a certain space reserved in his flash website. He can easily insert my pano in SWF format (or the container for that matter). But clicking on a hotspot in the map inside that pano (which I can now so easily make in the Skin editor), it will want to leave that pano.SWF and start a new one, NOT in that reserved space. Right?

For that problem, I could use the container example which has got a fixed width and height. But now I want to show the same container example at full screen (which can be new window). Using the container example, it does not work, because it doesn't resize automatically to just any screen width. It will show the background pano with jagged edges and hotspots outside of the covering frameimage.

For that problem, I could use the example as we discussed so far, since it is a full screen window, it doesn't matter whether or not we use the SWF to SWF jumping or the popup HTML (better for browser adaptation, I agree). But as I said, this example I would like to use in the medium sized, reserved fixed space in the flash website, which I don't see how.

In the end I see myself making multiple outputs, which will take a lot more time since it is a big proyect...

Hope I was clear enough?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Would it work with iFrames or would you need API access to the skin?
MfG, Thomas
ftrippie

Good question, I would say API. Because iframes still would take you outside of the flash environment.

Basically something like the container example would be brilliant with the Skin editor as the GUI. All the necessary elements are there if I am not mistaken? But then again, I am not a programmer and my Flash skills are little to none. But what I see is:

- the container example is not too difficult to understand either, but because of the unstretchable frame picture, the pano shows behind (and outside) of the frame.
- the Skin editor is a very simple to understand and to use GUI, but the hotspot actions should be staying within the Skin/ within the pano, for it to be used under all circumstances..

Is that possible?

Cheers,
FTrippie
Roy Reed

Svendus wrote:
Sorry about that, Roy it functions any way without it but how to open more than one window on same page ? :)
Same as with your method, repeat the function with a different name:
function popUp1()...
function popUp2()...

and also change this
(URL, 'poppage', 'toolbars=0,...
to
(URL, 'poppage1', 'toolbars=0,...
(URL, 'poppage2', 'toolbars=0,...

to assign a different name to the opened window(s).
Svendus