Removing an element from a container

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
petersmall

This should be easy and obvious but I don't seem to be able to do it.
In my skin I have a container in which I have dragged several buttons. Now I want to take one of the buttons out of the container. I've tried dragging one out but it refuses to stay out. I've tried several ways to take out an element from a container but nothing seems to work. Very perplexing. What am I doing wrong?
jare

Try to drag it out in the tree. Or use cut/edit/paste/delete.
360Texas

Yes, Jare is correct.

Mouse over the element like a button in the tool bar container then highlight it by clicking on it. Push the delete key. It goes away forever. Well almost true, if you inadvertently select the wrong button element... its gone... AND if you want it back... next do a CTRL-Z or UNdo and it will quickly return.

It is important now to go up to the tool bar above and do a FILE 'Save AS' because this now modified skin needs a new skin name.
Other wise you will over write the original skin name. Once saved the original skin will be lost... until someone emails you a copy of the original skin.

Typically, I do a "save as" on all my modified skins. I save them to the current project folder. Then in the SKIN to be used I put $d skinname.ggsk. The $d placeholder tells Pano2vr to look for the skin in the current project folder instead of loading the skin from original skin group folder.

Here is a link to all the placeholder's like $d/use skin name or$d = file path: project directory - (use in the file path when saving projects)

http://ggnome.com/wiki/List_of_Placeholders
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
petersmall

Thanks for the help. It works as you said.
Can't understand how this didn't work for me before