Strange, some buttons just don't show up!

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
henri_smeets

I've got a really strange situation. I made a skin for my panos but some buttons just don't show up in the flash panorama even though all looks/works fine in the Skin editor. :? The motion buttons work fine but the zoom-in/out just disappear!

You can download my skin here: (right click and save)

http://members.chello.nl/h.smeets3/loose/Simple.ggsk

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Henri
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wow, this is extremely odd. I was not able to find the real cause of this problem but it looks like if you add just one slightly colored pixel to the plus and minus image they show up in the skin. I will investigate further into this tomorrow.
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

So the skin editor has an attitude, doesn't like monochrome skins I guess! :lol:
Makes sense if you consider it's creator, I've neven seen a MonoChromeGnome.
360Texas

LOLLL Thats funny MonoChromeGnome and fitting considering.

I know that when I take a color image and desaturate it to mono chromatic grayscale.. photoshop still thinks its color.. just gray color now.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

If we go back to the first release of this Skin BETA I also showed a skin with buttons that didn't perform as expected. I posted the problem but nobody bothered to reply to it. The zoom worked correctly but the rotation/direction buttons had to be constantly clicked for the panorama to pan.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Svendus

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
It runs with 24 bit PNG
If it is possible to build in a transparent function like the one in Pano2QTVR Gui it should solve this problem
transparent function.jpg
transparent function.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 10786 times
Image Image
thomas
Chief Gnome

ok, I spent now 5 hrs on the problem and I am running out of ideas why this happens. The images end up correct in the file but it seems to be a Flash problem for displaying it. If you just add little more "colors" to the images (even different shades of gray will do it!) then the problem doesn't occur. The "mouse over" images show up correct if you use just them. I am sorry that I can not provide a better solution yet.
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

Don't worry Thomas, slightly adjusting the colors will work for me. Maybe it is because a large number of pixels in not totally opaque, I don't know either :roll:

Just keep it in mind and when you least expect it you'll suddenly think of a possible solution.

Thanks for all the help!
henri_smeets

YESSSsss, it works now, it was indeed just a matter of adding at least one extra color (shade of grey) that did the trick!

Thanks!
Jan_T

... I do have the same problem.
but changing colors didnt help me. any ideas?
just a small 'plus-only' skin as an example: http://www.totzek.de/download/plus.zip
Svendus

Jan_T wrote:... I do have the same problem.
but changing colors didnt help me. any ideas?
just a small 'plus-only' skin as an example: http://www.totzek.de/download/plus.zip
Se the Tutorials on idea: Skin Editor: : Part 1 and Part 2
skin.png
skin.png (31.66 KiB) Viewed 10479 times
thomas
Chief Gnome

You don't need to change a color, but you need to add one other color. I just changed the shade of gray for one pixel a little bit and now it works as expected.
Attachments
plus.png
plus.png (2.81 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
MfG, Thomas