Marker Template

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR

What is a marker template, how/where do I create one with the element id 'markertemplate'?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (50.92 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
Thanks
Mo - Vista 64, Canon, CorelDRAW, Lightroom, PTGui PRO, Pano2VR PRO
Judy-A

I don't see a tutorial but this thread may be helpful.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 47&p=29403

Judy

Thanks for the link Judy, yeah, I couldn't find a definition or explanation. I was able to "hack" something together using the "menu" file, but I still think this is an important "function" to go un-defined. It wasn't in the sub-5 minute "tutorial" touting the "ease" of putting together a tour.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The markertemplate is just a node marker renamed.
The simplex skin was packaged with a markertemplate as a practical example.

To make one yourself all you need is two graphics the same size to represent an active and normal state.
Naming convention for the graphics, you can use whatever name you wish but active and normal are good.

Add the graphics to the skin along with a node marker.
Open the node marker and in it's setting tab, select the graphics for Clone as Normal and Clone as Active.
The mrakertemplate example in the Simplex Skin has a popup text box so has actions to show and hide the text box, however this does not mean yours needs to have this.
All that needs to happen now is put the node marker and graphics in a container and set to not visible then rename the node market to markertemplate.
When you drag nodes from the Tour Browser the markertemplate will add the nodes to the skin.

You can have many templates in the skin, just name them something other than markertemplate, example:

markertemplate1
markertemplate2
markertemplate3

To use a template just rename it to markertemplate then drag in the nodes. To change template just rename it.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/

Thanks Hopki and Judy.