Next and Previous Buttons

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Birder

I hope this is simple but i cant work it out

I am doing a tour made up of over 15 pano's and using hotshots to go from one pano to another get confusing for the user.

I would like to place a fixed << on the left side and a fixed >> on the right side so, >> would go from pano1 to pano2 and then pano3 and so on. << would go in reverse

I can do it by having text or an image in the skin but that would mean a skin for each pano but with multiple skins if i need to change something i will have to change 15 skins for each change so i want to use just one skin.

If the << and >> were hotspots is would simply use $hs in the skin and put the pano name in the hotspot of the pano2vr

But hotspots moves with the pano but i need them fixed on the left and right side of the pano,

Is there a way of either fixing a hotspot so it does not move at all or can anyone think of another way of doing this?

Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The easiest way would be to nominate two user data text fields to put in file names, then you can use placeholders to select the right panorama.
Example:

Use the User Data Information text field to move forward. Then the Comment text field to move back.
So in the first panorama, pano1, add pano2.swf in the information text field.
In pano2 add pano3.swf in the Information text field and pano1.swf in the Comment text field.

In the skin add your two arrows, forward and Back either side of the window.
In the Forward arrow add: Mouse Click => Open Panorama =>URL: $ui => Pan/Tilt/Fov:
Then in the back button add: Mouse Click => Open Panorama =>URL: $uo => Pan/Tilt/Fov:

As each pano has the data for the next and back panoramas you can use the same placeholders.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Birder

Great cheat, i will try it

Maybe pano2vr could add a few extra user fields such as $u1 to $u9 just in case someone is using the fields for their proper use

Once again thanks, Hopki
Birder

Works, which is a great help

Only one slight problem that i cannot find. If i use flash output > transitions enabled, they dont work for the << and >> buttons mouse click > go to Url, if i change it to go to next Pano transitions work but the pano only loads in its first grey state and never seems to load the colour tiled images
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Thats odd...
Flash output => Visuals: Enable Transitions.

I normally like to have zoom in before and wait for transition.

Then in the skin add a text box with $ap/$at/$af, this will show real time Pan/Tilt and FoV data in the panorama.
Now move to the view you want to move to before the transition when you click the button, and make a note of the data. Do the same for all nodes for both forward and back buttons in the tour.

Enter the forward PTF data in the User Data Copyright text field and the back button PTF data in the Source User Data text field.

Now in your forward button UNDER the Open Next Panoram action add:
Mouse Click => Move To View => Pan/Tilt/FoV: $uc => Speed: 3 (or what ever you want. This also overides the speed set in the visuals tab)

For the Back Button add:
Mouse Click => Move To View => Pan/Tilt/FoV: $us => Speed: 3

What should happen now is when you click your Forward Button, the panorama should move to the view set in the Copyright text field then fade to the next panorama.
The back button will do the same but taking the data from the Source User Data text field.

To enhance this a little more I have also added $cur for when you get to the end, this is a placeholder that gets the current Pan, Tilt and FoV so when you click the button the panorama does not change position.
Please find working project attached.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Forward and Back Buttons.zip
(378.78 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Birder

That will work but I had used goto url not goto next panorama and transitions dont work on goto url

I am also using the other placeholders but will use your way next time

It would be great it there was a "save current position" so you didnt have to write down all the numbers.

my draft tour is at http://www.otus.co.uk/tc

Thanks
ksraghavendra

Very elegant solution Hopki! Thanks to Birder :) was looking for exactly same solution!
Is it possible to link in a similar way to a html5 panorama with flash fallback?
Thanks,
Raghav
Jack of all Trades at 36ty Solutions, India
Birder

Still having problems so can i just ask,

I have each pano in a separate directory 01, 02 and so on. Its make it easy to work on.

If i use mouse click > goto url (../02/index.html) as the next button it works but with no transitions
If i use mouse click > goto pano (../02/pano2.swf) i just get a white pano that never loads
If i move the panos into the same directory and use mouse click > goto pano (pano2.swf) it works

Does this mean that you cannot have a path in a goto pano statement?
Birder

After testing, if you use multiresolution so the tiles are in a directory (i do) and then use "goto next pano" the tiles directories have to be wherever the .swf file is that you first called, so as far as i can see all the swf files and tiles directories have to be together. So if you have 24 panos in a tour that means 24 swf files, 24 thumbnails, 24 pano2vr files and 24 directories of tiles and in my case 24 times the possibility of overwriting something.

I like to work with one pano in one directory but that means i can only use "goto URL" with no transitions or I have to use one directory with 100's of files in to use your latest Forward/Back buttons with transitions.

Is there a way of saving a new multiresolution filename template such as $d/tiles_$n/c%c_l%r_%y_%x.jpg so its selectable from the list in new project? In other words add a new one to the dropdown list.

Thanks
Birder

Oh bugger................

I just spent an hour changing the "goto url" statements to "goto pano" statements and moving all the files into one directory so the transitions work in the 17 panos and it works great in flash.

Its only just as i was testing did I remember why i put each pano in a separate directory and used goto url

I can only get a HTML5/Flash tour to work if each pano has its own index.html with a flash fall back and HTML5 will only work with a goto URL

Me thinks this tour is going to be flash only....
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This all sounds very odd, I will have a good look at this Monday, but there should not be a problem as I build Multi Res with HTML5 multi device output all the time. Im sure its just a setting of workflow problem.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Birder

Maybe i am missing what the best workflow is after all my brain is very old :D

Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi, Just tested with the project I attached and added HTML5 to it.
It does work but you have to remove the Move To View action as HTML5 does not have transitions.
Just copy the skin, rename to HTML5 and remove the actions.

Work flow:

All input images in the same folder.
All p2VR project files in same folder.
Output Flash with no HTML page.
Output HTML5 output with HTML page and the SWF in the Flash fallback.
As a test I unselect prefer flash and open with Safari. This opens the HTML5 output, then I open with Opera which does not support HTML5 so open the flash output, all works ok.

The only thing I had to do was for the first and last nodes put in the starting and ending panorama in the user data so causing a reload of the same panorama if the button is clicked again. This si because unlike flash the HTML5 output needs to see something of it reports it can not open the XML file.
Please see attached project for working example.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Forward and Back Buttons.zip
(541.39 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Birder

Sorry for being a pain but i just cannot see how this works.

First thanks for this, its does work but i cant work out how

pano_01.p2vr has $ui set to pano_02.swf

Html5 skin > Edit > Forward button > actions > mouse click > goto next panorama > $ui
Flash skin > Edit > Forward button > actions > mouse click > goto next panorama > $ui

So in both cases the browser should get the contents of Sui when the forward button is clicked, which is pano_02.swf (the flash file)

Yet the browser page displays pano_02.xml

How?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Pano2VR internally converts SWF to XML when an HTML5 output is selected.
The reason for this is because you can only set one hotspot file in the Hotspot Editor for all outputs.
The key word is internally converted, so you dont see this conversion.
The other key thing is it only converts SWF to XML, not the other way around.

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com