Multi-floor tours

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
mrt

Hi everyone,

I have a client who wants a tour of a 5-floor building with floor-map navigation. As displaying floorplans of all 5 floors at once will take up a large portion of the screen, I would like to display one floor at a time and then incorporate buttons to naviagate between floors. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the direction of an example of this, and / or some guidence of how to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance,

MrT
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is not difficult to do once you have an understanding of the skin editor and Hotspot Proxy ID's.
Here is a link to an old tour using an very early version of Pano2VR.

LINK

Of course now you have transitions and assorts to make it visually better but it does show four floors with room information and radar.

Build each level of the floor plan independently. Hide the levels you don't want to see and use containers with hotspot proxy IDs to control which floor plan is visible or not.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
keith@fachwen.org

I've managed to build a skin with 2 floors. Each floor is a separate image in the skin, titled ground floor and first floor.

I'm switching between maps when a marker node is selected, by using actions Activate > Show Element > ground floor and Deactivate > Hide Element > ground floor, same for the other floor.

I've also worked out I can group both floor maps in a container, I've named it 'maps' and then used my original Toggle Map controller button to hide or show the map container.

The HTML version works fine. But the flash version, when I move between some nodes, the map switches off unexpectedly.
So the flash isn't behaving in the same way as the HTML version - puzzling!

Any ideas?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Not without seeing the skin.

I have made many skins with multi level floor plans and so far I have found the best way is have the floor plans in a strip inside a masking container.
This way you only need one radar/highlight element to work with all the floor plans.
Each active node only has to set position of the strip and as it's one long strip the radar/highlight can move across all the floor plans making this much easier to implement.

Then you have a few choices for map transitions, you can change element position to see them slide or you can use set element position so you just see the floor plans change.
You can also add a transition effect such as dip to a colour when the floor plan changes.

just some ideas.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
keith@fachwen.org

The URL is www.fachwen.org/beacon But your method sounds easier, so I'll give that a go, thanks.
keith@fachwen.org

Uploading new 'sliding maps' to the url above, so most of the issues are now solved for me, thanks !!

Another issue ... The customer would like the maps to be a lot bigger on an ordinary computer, which isn't a problem, but they would then be far too big on an iPhone and potentially cover the control buttons so you couldn't toggle the map off.

Is there a way to setup the tour for small screens differently? Can small screened devices load a different skin or a modification of the existing one? What's the best way to manage the workflow - it could get quite tedious managing 2 almost identical sets of files!

Or - can the map be set to off or even disabled for small screened devices?

Thanks,

Keith
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Keith,
For HTML5 you can build a floor plan one size for computer and iPad then make it smaller for iPhone.
Please see: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Usi ... TML5_skins
Or you can have a very large floor plan for Flash and then use the above.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
keith@fachwen.org

Thanks again for that, I'll give it a go. Wondering if this kind of functionality will end up being managed or automated in Pano2VR at some point?

Cheers,

Keith