Linking panos HTML5 help

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
dgidney

Hi there,

This may be an obvious question, but I am new to HTML5 output. I am trying to make a skin that has buttons on the left side that would allow you to switch between multiple panos, as well as a full screen button. I got it to work no problem to work with flash, but doing the same thing in HTML5 only works in Safari, but not at all in Chrome or Firefox.

I am making it work with each button with the *Mouse click* Open next panorama * url=pano.xml

it works fine changing panos in Safari, but Chrome just gives errors and Firefox doesn't work at all. One other issue is that the fullscreen button works in Safari, but only goes full screen in the browser, not true full screen.

forgive me if this is an easy fix. any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Duncan

The attachment skin pic.png is no longer available
Attachments
my skin
my skin
skin pic.png (474.52 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
david123

Hi Duncan,

This is from the hip:

The reason that it may not be working in Chrome and Firefox is possibly because you are trying to do some HTML5 work, which is not yet supported. I would look at the use of Flash SWF fallback.

There is a very good tutorial on how to export HTML5 with correct Flash fallback on this site.

As for the fullframe; I have seen this when I have opened the SWF file direct, rather than via an HTML file.

Just in case you are still new to this, for a virtual tour you would normally enable an HTML page for the first image - hotspots should then point to the various SWF files which will open within the first HTML page.

I hope this helps,

Dave Staunton-Lambert
Hopki
Gnome

HI Duncan
It sounds like you are opening the HTML page directly with the web browsers.
Have a look at this tip: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Int ... Web_Server

Flash uses a browser plugin that can fill the screen, HTML5 does not and con only fill the browser window.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/