Controlling webpage content from the 360vr

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Peter Stephens

I have a few questions for a tour I’m working on if anyone could help?

I have a client that would like to run content related to individual 360vr images under the vr image, such as text, video, photo’s etc… Is there a way when clicking through the tour that each image can load a new area of the webpage the tour sits on in relation to the 360vr that is currently being viewed? Rather than loading a whole new page? We did think about embedding this media within the 360vr files but we feel it would sit much better below the tour, plus my client needs to be able to update this content regularly.

Is there a way to externally link to a 360vr image within the tour, rather than it going straight to the first image?

Also is there a way for the tour to randomly select a 360vr image to start with?

We are probably going to give each image its own individual page which solves all of the above issues, but it would be nice to be able to do all this from within the tour as it would be much smoother. Also you would be able to navigate the tour in full screen mode, with separate pages I don’t believe this is possible?

Cheers,

Pete
Terry

Hi Peter,
This is something that I to would dearly love to have in Pano2VR, I use to do it in PTviewer with great success.

Hopefully this will go into the wishlist :D

Terry
Peter Stephens

Ok so I take it that this can't be done then.... didn't think so. Can't get my head around all the other viewers, love the Gui in Pano2VR..... Will have a look at PTviewer.

Pete
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chaps
Funny, this cropped up just the other day.

My solution was simple, produce a tour linking to HTML pages.
Then copy all the p2vr files, rename them and point the hotspots to the swf.
Also uncheck the HTML page as its not required.
So you end up with two sets of files, one set pointing to HTML pages and the other pointing to SWF files.

The Skin has a enter and exit fullscreen action, Go To Url => $ui.

In each of the p2vr project files, put the HTML or SWF equivalent in the User Data Information text field.

park.html, user data = park_s.swf
park_s.swf, user data = park.html

To help I have made a quick project, download and unzip.
Then open all the p2vr files and click Create All to output the files.

Open with park.html.

If it helps.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
project.zip
(7.02 MiB) Downloaded 332 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chaps
Ok, try this idea for size, this can change a html page in an iframe by clicking on an area or point hotspot and can maintain fullscreen. :wink:

How this works is you give the ifame an ID/name in the HTML page, please see below the code that makes up my iframe.

Code: Select all

<iframe src="parkinfo.html" width="640" height="250" name="frame"> </iframe>
The, src=”parkinfo.html” is the HTML page used when the page first opens.
Then the size the frame will be, then the important bit, the ID or name for the iframe.

So in my example I have two HTML pages, parkinfo.html and pavilioninfo.html. These contain the text and pictures. The above code is opening parkinfo.html when the page opens.

In the skin I have a container with a mouse click, go to Url, Url: (The HTML page), Target: frame (the name of the iframe)

I just link the container to the hotspot by using Hotspot Proxy ID

Please find attached the project, and here is the link to the project on line: http://support.ggno.me/frame

Regards
Hopki
Attachments
iframe.zip
(11.48 MiB) Downloaded 378 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Peter Stephens

awesome !!! thank you for this.... though I'm going to have to put some time to one side to work out what you're doing, 11.30pm is a little late for this :-)

Pete