Request for the Skin Editor - fast Preview

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Panorade

I have an idea and desire for the Skin Editor.
would not it be good if there is a quick preview.
Without that, it must be saved.
So you can quickly see how it looks finished in Internet Explorer

For example, what about when the zoom is on or ...

Is such a thing possible.
Yours sincerely,
Achim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
There is a way of doing this, or should I say a way of speeding up the process.

1, Open the p2vr file
2, In the menu bar, click Tools > Skin Editor.
3, With the Skin Editor window active In the menu bar click, File > Open, select your skin file, after you have opened your skin for the first time it will be found in the Recent Files menu.

You will now have your Project p2vr and Skin Editor open. You can make changes to the skin and then save, CMD S for the Mac or Ctrl S for the PC, then just click Create All and then click Open OutPut File button, the button with the monitor in. This will open the panorama with the changes in the Skin.

Once you get used to using this it is faster as the Skin Editor is always open, good if you have two monitors.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Panorade

Thank you.
It is surely easier and goes faster.
It is an alternative,

Thanks Achim
Sharky

Hi there,

While we're talking about skin editor requests...

Hopki, any chance of a "copy" action button in the "Outputs" listing. You can delete. But it would be really useful to copy an "Output" setup from one pano to another.

I have a master blank pano file with all various outputs already setup in it. Currently I have to copy the master pano and delete what I don't want. It would be really great if I could copy from one to another though. Any change :D

Many thanks...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
How many outputs do you have?
Can you not use droplets to do this?
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Sharky

Hi Hopki,

Typically a client at the moment has over 30 different tours setup for them. Each tour has been 5 and 30 images in it, which are linked together using >.swf or >.xml links as you've said before so I only have to change one skin for each tour (the "entry" pano).

But as I have over 30 tours which is rapidly growing, when the client decides they want something (non-skin related) changing I have to go to the "entry" pano for each tour and reset the various output settings to suit the clients request. Currently this client has 5 different output formats for each pano.

I can't re-use the droplet setup because I'd have to re-create all the hotspots.

It just would have been great to change one tour setup, get the clients approval, and then copy that newly setup output format(s) to the other tours.

I trust this makes sense? Either that or your about to tell me I'm doing things the long winded way again! :D

Regards

Mark
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
You can batch p2vr files, setup one p2vr file, open the batch window and drop the other p2vr files in then click run.
Try with one or two files at first to get the hang of it.
This should save you some time.
Its on my list of tips to make.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
cblane

This is a big usability bug. The workaround might be temporally helpful (although I haven't been able to get it to work). Especially since so many things with the UI can give unexpected results seeing what you will get is important. I've spent a lot of time getting anchoring of element within containers to display correctly. I'm sure that many times the behavior is logical if you understand the reasoning behind it but I can see how documenting the details could become time consuming. Possibly more so than creating a preview.