Skin Editor Margins Problem

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Panorade

Hi has anyone tested the new Skin Editor
For me this is not possible with the rectangle.
what I'm doing wrong.
i have try the some way like thomas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvRce3TZgjY
I have windows 7 64bit
thanks Achim
Hopki
Gnome

HI
The rectangles were just a guide so you can see were the panorama will be shown within the skin. The margins set the size, margins are found in the new button to the right of the skin editor window. Once you have set it up, delete the rectangles as they are not needed.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sportsnapper

You don't need the rectangles - it works without them. Just set the margins within the skin.

Having the rectangles set to the size of the margins helps you position other objects on the skin 'stage' - so they just help you indicate the edges of the panorama otherwise you don't visually see where the edge of the panorama is within the skin editor. Perhaps there does need to be a visual indication in Beta 5!! :wink:
Panorade

Hi, thanks, I understand that it is not necessary to make i rectangle, but in his video, Thomas can see it.
The size of this panorama, and the size of the rectangles.
look pleace the picture from Thomas
wigi

Margins skins are not working well, a white background in the skin editor does not appear. Why?

Regards
Witold
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Please view the video, time index 2:10 I explain that the area outside the margins is transparent.
This means whatever colour your webpage is will show through, if you want a background, just leave in the rectangles I used as a guide in the skin.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sportsnapper

Here's my example - hope it helps clarify the situion
Ive not used the rectanges, but I have used margins....you can see in the screenshot that the toolbar is set in the middle of the bottom of the editor. But I have set the bottom margin to be 100 px up from the bottom. I've also filled the HTML background with yellow. Thus the tool bar should float outside the pano, as it's now in the middle of the transparent area created by using the margins. see http://smart-pictures.co.uk/panovr/snoc ... ption.html.
margins screen shot.tiff
margins screen shot.tiff (272.68 KiB) Viewed 9305 times
You've really got to try it - Follow Hopki's screen-cast, and use the margins to put the pano in the top left (ie use margins of 100 px right and bottom). Then place some visible object along the bottom or on the right edge. Then generate the pano. You should see your box/button etc. float to the right/bottom of the pano.

regards

gareth
wigi

sportsnapper wrote: Perhaps there does need to be a visual indication in Beta 5!! :wink:
Yes, the visualisation of margins would be useful. :)
thomas
Chief Gnome

wigi wrote:
sportsnapper wrote: Perhaps there does need to be a visual indication in Beta 5!! :wink:
Yes, the visualisation of margins would be useful. :)
Noted Issue #171 ;).
MfG, Thomas
HMS Beagle

The margins are supposed to be transparent? They show as white on my gray webpage.
Beagle
smooth

HMS Beagle wrote:The margins are supposed to be transparent? They show as white on my gray webpage.
Beagle
Margins have no colour at all. If you set rectangles as Hopki spoke about in the video tutorial these are only for visual guides within the skin editor.
You are supposed to either delete these or make them transparent so that the underlying webpage colour shows through.

I think if Martin had the time over he would approach this differently because people seem to have a hard time grasping the simple instructions.
Thomas is adding a visual guide to the skin editor for a future release so you will not need to add rectangles to guide you.

Beagle if your issue is different to this, it sounds like you have not maybe set the full transparency. Without seeing it, it is all guesstimation...

Regards, Smooth 8)
HMS Beagle

Smooth,
I never used the rectangles. I simply set them to the size I wanted. But they show as white.
Beagle
smooth

HMS Beagle wrote:Smooth,
I never used the rectangles. I simply set them to the size I wanted. But they show as white.
Beagle
Hmm, OK.
So add 'Wmode','Transparent' to the same line as the AllowFullScreen in the the .html

From this:

Code: Select all

'allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);
To this:

Code: Select all

'allowFullScreen','true','Wmode','Transparent','FlashVars',flashvars);
I'm not sure what Hopki did but that is the standard way to make the Flash have a transparent background.

Regards, Smooth 8)
HMS Beagle

That explains it. I do not use the html from p2vr.
Beagle
smooth

HMS Beagle wrote:That explains it. I do not use the html from p2vr.
Beagle
Hi Beagle,

I have sent you corrected .html for "your" code via pm.

Regards, Smooth 8)