External swfs

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
sportsnapper

I'm loading an external swf (slideshowpro), and have a few questions about the best way to do this. It's working at present, but I could do with some suggestions to improve it.

1. Is there any way to pass flashvars to the embedded flash file. I can pass parameters using a file, but it relies on the file and the swf and the html being in the same directory - which doesn't scale very well for multiple tours and maintaining consistency beween different tours across a site.

2. Is there any real difference between embed swf and embed external? The swf file I'm using here will be on the same server as the tours.

3. Sizing and centering the embedded swf. How can I ensure that the swf appears in the centre of the pano even if I change the size of the pano when it's shown on the page?

Gareth
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Gareth
1) Not 100% sure on that one.
2) If the files are local / on the same server, you can use local, if the files are on a different server and require a Url, then external.
3) The imported SWF will be its original size. So just centre it and Anchor centre using the 9 little squires, the attach picture show the default anchor, you want the middle one. :)
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-01-29 at 15.46.11.jpg
Screen shot 2011-01-29 at 15.46.11.jpg (52.58 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sportsnapper

OK thanks for the reply. I'll try the centering thing now.

Being able to pass flashvars somehow is the one I'm really desperate for - or I'm actually going to write a flash component myself and include the pano2vr generated one. But frankly I don' have time and I'm not really that up to speed with flash to be able to do it :(

G