Hotspot tuition please

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
visual360media

Hi all. Have watched all the hotspot vids and still a little confused!
Can someone please explain in simple terms how to create a hotspot, add image linked to that hotspot, and then on mouse enter have another image with text appear, that also moves with hotspot?
(anchor i expect)
I have created hotspot on the main page, and then added the hotspot to the skin, and then added an image as child. It works but not sure why it does !
How does it know to follow the spot? If i add another for example how do they link together? I read about proxy id?

Next ? i have hotspot and child image, do i make the image with less alpha and on mouse enter up the alpha, or do you alter the container ?
That question prob can be asked about any container with image in it! Alter the container or image alpha?

Many thanks...
Kind regards,

John Goulding
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John
I am about during the day, so if you want you can give me a call. PM or e-mail me if you want to do this, its a lot quicker to talk than write it all out. :lol:
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
visual360media

Hi Hopki, cheers. Will prob take you up on that though busy over next few days. I appreciate Karen doing the vids but feel a written
lesson with screenshots are maybe easier to follow. I have managed to do it now though, thru trail and error and it seems to be working ok.
Not sure of the proxy id, (not used it yet) and have only one hotspot so far. Added hotspot on the image in the main menu, then in skin,
added another, then added image over hotspot skin. Still not quite sure how the 2 hotspots relate, unless its auto as i only have one.
Am thinking also i guess that the hotspot and image (the child) can be anywhere on the skin, and it will go where the spot is in main hotspot menu?
Have all image behavours so far to the container and its all working ok so far!Just a matter of having a go!
May speak or email soon, thanks.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

Got it pretty much how i want it so far, but do only certain behaviours work?
I want to, on mouse enter (over), show image (thats ok), but also stop auto rotate! so people can read the text in the image. (not working).
And vice versa...MM, maybe has to be hotspot area, did i read hotspots points are limited?
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

MM, toggle seems to work, but not stop/start...autorotate (mouse enter/leave image)
Kind regards,

John Goulding
k.ary.n
Gnome

webworld360 wrote: I appreciate Karen doing the vids but feel a written
lesson with screenshots are maybe easier to follow. I have managed to do it now though, thru trail and error and it seems to be working ok.
Not sure of the proxy id, (not used it yet) and have only one hotspot so far. Added hotspot on the image in the main menu, then in skin, added another, then added image over hotspot skin. Still not quite sure how the 2 hotspots relate, unless its auto as i only have one.
Hi John,

Have you seen this: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Hotspot_Tutorial? You might be well on your way with your hotspots, but maybe this clears up some questions for you.
visual360media

Ah, now thats better ! Thank you.. If i have any questions I will post back but so far so good :D
Kind regards,

John Goulding