different information for different pano with one skin

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
the_b

Hey Folks,

it´s difficult to explain but hope you will understand it.
I wanna make a tour with a lot of panos and usefull informations to spezific panorama. So the goal is to put all the informations in one skin. but if the user watch panorama "a" and click on the information button you should get the information to panorama "a". When you switch to panorama "b" and click on the information button, you should get the specific information to pano "b".
Is it possible to have all the informations in one skin or do I have to build an extra skin for every panorama?
Thanks for help!

Bert
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bert
Yes this is very easy.
Open the p2vr project an you will see “User Data”.
You can input in here the text for that particular panorama.

To display the text in the skin, just add a text box with the required place holder:

$ut = user data: title
$ud = user data: description
$ua = user data: author
$ue = user data: date/time
$uc = user data: copyright
$us = user data: source
$ui = user data: information
$uo = user data: comment

So if you entered text in the information text field, you would have:
$ui in the text box.
Kind regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
the_b

Hey Hopki,

thanks again for your help. You are right, this can be the way how it works. But in my case unfortunately the information I wanna publish are to big. I mean it´s should be something like a small wiki. That means not online some text but headlines, sublines, picture a.s.o.
Is there another way?

Best regards
Bert
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
A popup local html page, or even a jpg image?
Have a look at the information book skin on my website, this should give you some ideas, each page is a png, but can be jpg for smaller file size, or even externally load them, which is documented in this forum more than once. (Thanks to Erik L :D )

As a thought, I posted a simple but neat way of showing multi pictures in a popup.
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 39&start=0
That would work as well, just need to add, “……Next”, and, “Back……” buttons at the bottom of the page.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
the_b

Hey Hopki,

thanks for all that information. But it is still not like it should be.
I can do a lot with the description and information field. but its not 100%. damn... :x

So I tired to feed the textfeald with an iframe script. get the information I want from an external file. but doesnt work at all. do you have any experience with iframes?

the next step is just using the description and information field and put there some links to external html-sites. but the links works only in the flash player. if i insert the same flash file into an html-file the link doesn work.... (i go crazy... :wink: ) now I try to give some parts of text a special look. making it bold works. but change the color does not work. Do you have any clue?

Thanx a lot!
the_b

I could managed it with the color a.s.o. :D
But still have the prob with iframe and hyperlinks... I will try it tomorrow again... Good Night.
stalwart

the_b wrote:Hey Hopki,

thanks for all that information. But it is still not like it should be.
I can do a lot with the description and information field. but its not 100%. damn... :x

So I tired to feed the textfeald with an iframe script. get the information I want from an external file. but doesnt work at all. do you have any experience with iframes?

the next step is just using the description and information field and put there some links to external html-sites. but the links works only in the flash player. if i insert the same flash file into an html-file the link doesn work.... (i go crazy... :wink: ) now I try to give some parts of text a special look. making it bold works. but change the color does not work. Do you have any clue?

Thanx a lot!
you mean something like this?:
http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/keytek/start.html

Stu
the_b

Hey Stu,

thanks for you hint. I could solve all the probs so far.
But there is a next challenge. Yeah! ;-) Now I want to have a couple of hotspots in the panorama. thats not a prob. but this hotspot should open external pix. because I don´t wanna overfill the skin with material. I know there is a solution, but couldn´t search for it so far. I´m going to start the search for help right now. But If you have an idea right now, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!
Bert
burgor57

This thread has been about the same thing I am attempting. I am quite new to this app and still getting to grips with it. I want to know how to have one web page with one swf pano/skin, with linked swf panos via hotspots, and each swf pano offering a different text display (as a png file in the skin perhaps) for each different swf pano.
I didn't really get a sense of an explanation of how/if this could be done.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks
the_b

Hey burger57,

i can´t really see your problem. hope i don´t miss the sense of your question. You wanna have for each hotspot a own text or png-file to explain i.e. what will you get if you press the hotspot-button. right?
thats really easy. if you want, watch the very good hotspot tutorial of karyn: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php?movid=13_1
hope it will help you.

Bert