how to.......?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
stalwart

hi all,

I want an image, in this case a client logo, to appear as a splash image on start of opening pano, but to display for only a set period of time, and only the once (i.e. not reappear on reload).

How (if it is possible) can this be done?

cheers

Stu
stalwart

anyone.....? I guess it can't be done....

Martin..........???!

cheers
Stu
Hopki
Gnome

Sorry, no timers, the only you can do will be use a loaded and hide action in a splash screen image.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
stalwart

Hopki wrote:Sorry, no timers, the only you can do will be use a loaded and hide action in a splash screen image.
hi Martin,

yeah, tried that, with a splash screen with tint behind - but not what I'm after.

Thomas - can you put this down on the (forever-growing) to-do list?!

ta'

Stu
Virtualgeoffrey

Stu,
Hi, I had a thought,
I had a similar challenge where I wanted the loaded bar to appear on every pano not just the first as I was using a universal skin I created. I got around it by linking to html files instead of just swf files and having the loading bar and skin come up each time. In my case I needed the loading bar to show due to the larger background sound being loaded.
You can see it at
www.wowzville.com and click on the VR link in the upper left side of the screen.
Perhaps you can do the reverse and when the user navigates away from the splash pano with the splash image, the subsequent panos or html files link back to a exact duplicate start pano just minus the splash image. And the only call to the splash pano is the entry point from the website.
Hopefully that will at least give you a few ideas.
Hope it helps,
Good Luck,
Geoffrey