Re: Can skins be dynamically applied to panoramas?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
cales

Hello Thomas,

I am a big fan of your software and I own a Pano2VR commercial license. I am a bit unclear about the relationship between the skins and the panoramas, and I hope you may be able to offer some insight.

You see, the fact that skins are inherited onto the next panorama makes one assume that skins are separate from the panorama and not stored within the .swf file itself. If this is indeed true, then is it possible to create generic panoramas and then dynamically apply a certain skin to it upon a page load? If this is possible, what in the Flash API can be called to apply the skin -- and what file format would the skin need to be?

Thanks for your time!

Chris
erik leeman

Did you have a look at the 'Externalize' option in the HTML tab of the Flash Output screen?
There you can tell Pano2VR to generate separate .swf and image files instead of one single .swf.
The HTML code it produces then contains instructions for the .swf about how to build a skin with those images.

I haven't used this feature myself yet, but this HTML code could give you some valuable clues about 'how things work'.
Perhaps this gets you on your way.

Erik