hotspots in second panorama

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
the_b

Hallo everyone,

I have a problem with covered hotspots. There are two panoramas. The first loads without seeing any hotspot. If you click to the navi bar, the navigation tools open and you can also see the hotspots. With a next click on the navi bar everything gets closed. Thats the way how it should work.
But if I click to a hotspot to open the next panorama, the panorama loads without showing hotspots but the navigation is still there. Now if you click on the navi bar the navi will close down but the hotspots are displayed. The goal is, to see hotspots and navigation when the second panoram is loaded.

I tried it already with make a second skin with says that the hotspots are displayed from the beginning. But it does not work.

Is there anyone who has an idea?
Many thanks and a great weekend!

bert
smooth

You must correctly set the commands.
When you click a hotspot in pano 1 it must tell the skin to display the nav bar and hotspots when the panorama 2 is opened.

So if you click a hotspot it must have commands like:

Mouse Click>Show Element>Navbar
Mouse Click>Show Element>Hotspots
Mouse Click>Open Next Panorama>panorama_2.swf

You may choose to use the "Onload" or "Int" options instead or in conjunction with mouse click, it just depends on what you want it to do.
All of these actions are set in one skin (the starting panorama skin).

Regards, Smooth 8)
the_b

Hi Smooth,

thanks for the fast help. But is does not work.
Could it be the reason, that the hotspots in the first panorama are not visible in the beginning. (I unchecked "visible")?
A click on the navi bar give the action "Toggle Element Visibility" for the Hotspot Pics.

But the skin of the second panorama has "visible" activated. But apparently after the click on the hotspot the second panorama loads in the skin of the first panorama. Is ther maybe a chance to fix the problem?

Many thanxx for your help!
bert
the_b

I got it!
My solution:
- for the first panorame I add a action to the loading bar: Reload - Toggle Element Visibility - %infopic
- for the second panorama I add a action to the loading bar: Loaded - Toggle Element Visibility - %infopic

Thats it. And it´s work! :-)
smooth

the_b wrote:I got it!
My solution:
- for the first panorame I add a action to the loading bar: Reload - Toggle Element Visibility - %infopic
- for the second panorama I add a action to the loading bar: Loaded - Toggle Element Visibility - %infopic

Thats it. And it´s work! :-)
Simple logic!

Great you have made progress.

Regards, Smooth 8)
the_b

Oh no. I laughed too soon. The problems are not over.
It works on my computer. But if i publish it on my Server there is still the old Problem. How can that been????
smooth

Normally problems like this a "Path" problems where something can't find something else.
Or, something failed to upload correctly.

Typically "all" .swf movie files are kept in the one folder/directory to avoid problems and simplify things.
(Publish to one local folder and export all to one server folder)

Are all you files in the same directory? and are the links to all the other .swf files simple like:

Mouse Click>Open Next Panorama>panorama_2.swf and so forth?

Regards, Smooth 8)
the_b

Yes, everything is in the same folder. And it works but not in the ways I like it. (The same thing like I wrote in the first post.)
Now, I discovered a next strange think. If I check the panoramas local with google chrome, everything works fine. If I check the same files (local again) with the Internet-Explorer it doesn´t work and I have the same result like in the online version. It´s really strange. But I don´t give up! :evil:

Do you have an idea?
smooth

Hi Bert,

Do you have two or more skins?
As I have stated "all" the skins action are to be in the first skin only (there is no second or third skin etc) you do not apply skins to more than one panorama, the first and only one is shared by all.
Understand the pano "scenes" are just layers that are stacked on top of each other and hotspots just change the visible layer. The "Skin" is always the top layer unless you give a command to go under (down a level) with either all or any component or send the object (any) off stage out of the viewing area.

You do add the hotspot markers in each panorama via the Pano2VR GUI but not via the skin editor (the graphics are called only from the skin).
The URL and Hotspot placement "Markers" are added via the Hotspot editor in each individual panorama.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Erh

Hello Bert, Hello Smooth!

I don't have a good english, and I also don't want to open a new topic with the same question.

Smooth, now I understand my skin behaviors, I didn't know that a tour can't play with different skins. I created a tour with multiple panoramas. Each one I created a different skin with a label like the panorama name (Room, Kitchen, bathroom...)

I exported all to swf, each one with the own skin. When I open them individually the skins work fines. but when the panorama changes with the hotspot click it keeps the first panorama skin. I tried different commands on the hotspot in the skin editor, open next panorama, go to url and put the $hu. In the hotspot of the panorama via the Pano2VR GUI I directed all to the swf files.

Is there anyway to change my "label name" when It opens with a new panorama thru the click of the hotspot? I wanna keep my "customized" skin with my frame and buttons, but I wanna change the name of the panorama in this tour.

thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Thomas
smooth

Erh wrote:Smooth, now I understand my skin behaviors, I didn't know that a tour can't play with different skins. I created a tour with multiple panoramas. Each one I created a different skin with a label like the panorama name (Room, Kitchen, bathroom...)
You can have multiple skins but each must have it's own .html page and you must link them via go to url.
Erh wrote:Is there anyway to change my "label name" when It opens with a new panorama thru the click of the hotspot? I wanna keep my "customized" skin with my frame and buttons, but I wanna change the name of the panorama in this tour.
Yes, of course. If you have a title by way of text or image when you click the hotspot you must hide the old and show the new. This happens on mouse click event. (via the Skin Editor)
Add the following actions to your hotspot button of choice.

Mouse Click>Open Next Panorama>bathroom.swf
Mouse Click>Hide Element>room_title_image
Mouse Click>Show Element>bathroom_title_image

and repeat for each hotspot in every scene (via the Hotspot editor)

This is a very simple way. You can get fancy and do this with Alpha fades etc. But get the basics first.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Erh

I'll try!

Smooth, thank you very much!