Floating image with a button?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
xhalemedia

Hi there,
I'm trying to get images to show with a mouse-over action that float with the mouse. ie as the mouse goes over the button the relevant image (small version of the next pano) is shown to float at the position of the mouse.

I have seen this done but on egs from this forum before but can't seem to find the relevant post.

Many thanks

Alex
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Alex

To make something move with the mouse you would use the elements modifiers.
If you had a picture/element you would set the following:

Move X, Mouse X
Move Y, Mouse Y

This will place the mouse top left of the element.
If your element is 50 x 50px and you would like it above the mouse then you need to move its position.

X:0 and Y: -55px will position the element above the mouse by 5px.
Change the X: to move the element left or right using either a negative or positive number.

You could have all your thumbnail images set like this and set to not visible, and then all you would need to do is set a mouse enter action in the button to show the required element/picture.

If you intend having lots of thumbnail images either convert to jpg or do a forum search for externally loading images.

Of course you can also use the alpha to fade in and out.
Kind regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
xhalemedia

Thanks once again Hopki!

Alex
fredaubailly

That's interesting.
I've been trying this stuff but I encountered an issue.

Let's say the pano is 640x480px.
I have an element which is a black rectangle, 20x20px. Default anchor and positioned at 0px. (so in my skin editor, he's at the left border of the window.
I use a move X - mouse X modifier with default values (factor 1 and offset 0).
I export the panorama and it works perfect. The rectangle follows the X mouvement of the mouse. Until... I enter fullscreen.
Then, on my 15" laptop screen, the rectangle is now positioned about 200 or 300px on the right of the mouse. It follows the mouvement but with a 200 or 300px offset...
If I leave fullscreen to return to the 640x480px size, everything works fine again.

I tried to fool around with different values for factor or offset but none of my attempts solved the issue.

Any idea about this ?

Thanks
Fred

Edit :

I found how to solve the issue. In fact, my black rectangle was part of a container wich had center bottom as the anchor. If I change to left bottom anchor, it works perfectly, whenever I'm in fullscreen mode or not.
Hopki
Gnome

All good :D
H :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
xhalemedia

following on from this :D
is it possible to connect an area hotspot to a skin id?

eg i have a computer screen in the pano, what i would like is when the mouse goes over the screen an image (an enlarged version of what is on the screen) is shown and floats with the mouse. a click on the area will then open a new web page.

Hope that this is clear, and thanks in advance

Alex
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Alex
Yes, have the image in the middle of the skin with a mouse enter and exit to show and hide.
Set the hotspot proxy to the ID of the area hotspot.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com