strange hotspot behaviour

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
=RS=

Hi there,
I am trying to accomplish a tour, containing 2 separate panos. Each of them has hotspots pointing to a still image. Therefor I created one hotspot template, that I use in those 2 panos.
Now on watching the final panos in standalone FlashPlayer, everything is as expected. I open the pano that is supposed to be the "start" pano, all hotspots and the link back and forth between the 2 panos work perfectly.
For later website implementation I added the "fullscreen" html template to the "start" pano. When opening that html file, the start pano opens just fine in my browser (Safari 4). The hotspot in that start pano and the link to the second work as expected, but in the second pano, one of the two hotspots is not showing the still photo. (watching in FlashPlayer standalone, it still does).

Can someone here explain that behaviour? Is my understanding of hotspot templates wrong, to use the same for several to be linked panos? Or can this be related to the "fullscreen" html template (I am a total newbie when it comes to html). I am totally clueless here right now. So maybe someone can shed some light on this?

Best regards
Ralf
=RS=

Over 20 hits and noone having a clue?
Could at least someone confirm my approach of using one controller skin for all panos included in a tour, is the right one? That would at least be a start for me to make further investigations....

Your help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Ralf
thomas
Chief Gnome

Can you upload the output so that we can see it?
MfG, Thomas
=RS=

Thanks for your input Thomas!

Unfortunately I can't post it here right now cause I would need customers agreement first....

What would it help to post the output anyway? All you would see is a hotspot where nothing happens when you click on it....
Could you at least confirm that using one controller skin in every pano involved in a tour is the right approach? Cause I still think I am doing something absolutely stupid here :roll:

Ralf
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ralf,

You only need the skin in the first pano, then using the “Open Next Panorama” action will load the next pano in the same skin.

Posting your ggsk file makes it easer for others to help, if you don’t want to do it in open forum then PM me and I will take a look for you.

I have just posted a skin and project file that opens images Here
Hope this helps
Regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
=RS=

Hopki wrote: You only need the skin in the first pano, then using the “Open Next Panorama” action will load the next pano in the same skin.
Hi Hopki,
thanks for your input!
To open those stills, I am using a skin postet by zap here in this forum. I will look into yours for sure. What I have quoted above is not totally clear to me. When preparing the second pano with hotspots and such, I have to choose a skin don't I? Or is there a way to set hotspots without using a skin???
.....scratching my head......
k.ary.n
Gnome

Ralf,

Have you seen the hotspot tutorials and/or documentation?