Radar and video skin

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
PMtv2000

Been working all day on the radar and skin for three story building tour and just as I put it online I realise there's a better way of doing it..... :roll:

Oh well back to the drawing board. :shock: I shall leave it up here anyway and see if you want to comment.

Thanks

Paul

http://www.pmtv2000.com/BendinatWebTour/index.html {second posting on this address so if you don't see any plans you may need to refresh etc..}
Simply Intelligent Media
PMtv2000

I've up dated the plans and I'm really pleased with them ,........ however I went a little overboard and added a slideshow too, it works but seriously slows the whole thing down on initial loading as I can't seem to make an .xml based slideshow work past the first two images..... any hints anyone?? I've tried three or four ways to get it working without success.

OH well I think that's what this forum is about, pushing a few buttons and stretching a few parameters :roll:

http://www.pmtv2000.com/BendinatWebTour/index.html

Paul
Simply Intelligent Media
smooth

Paul,

You must stop the auto-rotation before attempting to watch slide shows or video etc.
Test this for yourself. Hold the pano still with your mouse and watch everything else speed up.
Flash is very memory hungry. I watched the slideshow to the end no problem.

Skin looks good and works well.

Regards, Smooth 8)
PMtv2000

Good bit of advice Smooth, yep I can see it change, drawing board will be hot again today. :shock:

Thanks for that.

Paul
Simply Intelligent Media
smooth

Maybe you can add an action On-click stop pano rotation when you launch Slideshow or movie and reverse this when you click to close.

Regards, Smooth 8)
PMtv2000

I see what you're getting at Smooth
Had a bit of a brain ache with this as I'm toggling one against the other already, so the auto rotate stops but starts again when one of the menus are dropped..... no such thing as start rotation / stop rotation so far.....

I shall re-evaluate the way I'm doing things but for now I took the easy route and stopped all rotation to see what happens 8)

Thanks for looking

Paul
Simply Intelligent Media
TrueViewImages

Hi, I like the skin very much. Could you please explain how you managed to embed the gallery? I've got slideshow pro and I can create the swf output. I'm not sure where to go from there, but it would be a huge help if I could find out how to do it. I've tried using the method described here to no avail:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... ternal+jpg

Thanks!
PMtv2000

I tried using Slideshow Pro and I tried for hours playing with the .xml file but it wouldn't play past the second slide for some reason, so I ended up using Flash SlideShow Maker.
That's why it takes so long to open the slideshow as it's trying to load all images at once [4.5mb if I remember ]
I've been too busy to attempt another version but will post one if I get the results I was originally after.

Trial and Error, Trial and Error :evil:

Paul
Simply Intelligent Media