Set Element Position - relative, not absolute?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Andrew H

Hello

The skin for my current project includes a map, containing fourteen red dots at various locations. These dots are configured as buttons, and each opens a new panorama when clicked. I would like to include a green dot which moves its position to overlay the corresponding red dot for the pano being viewed, and thus indicate to the visitor its location on the map.

I thought this would be a simple task which could be implemented by including in each red dot's actions a Set Element Position command with the target being the green dot. I can't make that work, though, as Set Element Position takes as its argument an offset from the item's previous position, rather than an absolute position. The problem is that I don't know what that offset will be, as the green dot could be anywhere, depending on which pano the visitor is currently viewing.

Does anybody know, please, if there is a way to make the Set Element Position command take an absolute value. Preceding the offset values with $ to indicate absolute (as in cell references in Excel) would be neat, but not possible at present it seems.

Regards

Andrew
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
In the red dots put a mouse click action, Set Element position, Green Dot, then in the position x/y enter $self, that done, you should be good to go.
Just make sure that the green dot is the same size as the red dots.

Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Andrew H

Thanks Hopki - you're a gem! It works perfectly.

Regards

Andrew