Has anyone had any experience of this?

John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John
What do you want to know
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jwesq

The reason I'm asking instead of trying is because working offline is too fast to see the problems - and uploading takes so long - so I'm trying to save a bit of time picking up some experience.

To answer your question, I assume that it uploads a second panorama in the background - which is fine for a linear route. But what happens when someone chooses another pan from the menu during the loading process. Is it put in a queue, or is the background loading cancelled?

Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John
From my own experience with this I have found that following happens:

No background loading goes on.

If you click another pano before the first is loaded, the first pano is cancelled and the second pano starts to load, your web browser may hold the partly loaded image in cache memory, and if you go back it starts to load from where it left off, this is a function of the browse and not the flash player I think. :?

You can see this working Here.

Go to the living room pano, you will see bedroom two and three. Click on either and before the room fully loads turn and come out. Going back into the room will start the loading from where it left off.

Just have a play with this pano. :D

Kind regards

Martin
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jwesq

Thanks for the useful advice Martin.

I'm hoping to reach Beta level tomorrow - then more advice will be very welcome.

John