Skin Bug + suggestion

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
zap

Copying a skin element (ctrl-c) and then opening another "new" skin-file crahses the tool.

Using pano2vr 2.2.0 on WinXP

Skin suggestion

It would certainly be of help in configuring complex skins if elements could be treated like layers and turn on/off for work in the skin.

Moving a skin from topdown to topup within the hierachy is a tideas work as it has to be done in multiple steps as the element-window doesn't scroll topup with an element selected.

Cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
erik leeman

You can group collections of related skin elements into a container and manipulate or copy them in one go by grabbing the container.
Also you can switch the container on/off, with everything in it.
Isn't that what you want?

Also you can easily 'transplant' or copy an entire skin from one panorama to another by selecting it as a file in the editor, and, if necessary because of specific modifications, renaming it before saving it again.

If you can't find your skin files you could have a look here (on a Windows XP machine):
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\GardenGnomeSoftware\Skins

Erik
zap

Hi erik

Using containers = Ok
But how can you turn visibility on/off in the skin editor of a container.

You can turn visibility on/off for final action behavior but in the skin window you always see all the hotspots, text, images and buttons created.
Here an image
image-skin.jpg
image-skin.jpg (38.27 KiB) Viewed 4125 times
So there are even elements below the map:How to show these up? I always move the map to another prosition but this is a tidy work on the long run
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
erik leeman

You can turn visibility of a container and everything in it off (and on again later) in the 'Container Properties' screen under the Settings tab.
Also an 'Alpha' value other than one can be given there, or a scale, or an angle.
Just like it is with any other element really.

Just tried it with v2.2.1 and it worked.

Erik

edit:
On second thought I now think you meant visibility in the editor window.
Is that it?
Then I have to disappoint you, all skin elements will alsways be visible there, whatever their settings are.
erik leeman

Maybe this will help a bit:
If you move your map to the right or left, outside of the visible area of the editor window,
then perhaps you can give it an instruction to move back into view of the panorama window when displayed by the Flash plugin.
I don't think it has to be inside the editor window to work, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Hope you don’t mind but having a read through and seeing your problem I wanted to share my workflow with you, which may or may not help.

Erik is quite right about using containers, when I start work on a section of the skin, say my buttons and tool tips, I put a container around them. Once I am happy with function and positioning of the buttons I make a not of the X & Y of the container and then move it out of view. As the container is the Parent, all the children, button and tooltip images go with it.

I then can start work on say the floor plan or map with the skin editor window clear, when finished I again make a note of the X & Y of the container and then move it out of the way.

I keep doing this until I have made all the separate sections that make my skin, buttons, map, user data etc.

All I do now is go back to the containers and input the X & Y to put them back into view, job done.

As already said in the post, as you have the main parts of your skin in containers, this makes it very easy for cut and pasting to other skin projects.

Hope this helps

Hopki :D
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/