Adding position indicator in mega panorama

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
EVerheggen

I am publishing very large panoramas (flat images) and it is not clear to people where they are in the image.

So the idea is to have a miniature version of the entire photo in the top right corner, as we do with floor plans.

The yellow box should indicate the view of the photo. Ideal would be that the yellow box covers exactly the part of the mega panorama that is visible.
When moving around in the mega panorama, the box should follow. When zooming in, the box should shrink accordingly.

This is the result of many hours of finding useful information on the website and webinars:

https://360-bedrijfspresentatie.nl/pres ... /megapano/

I managed to get the box moving around and following the zoom, but not the correct aspect ratio and not a clean cut of the visible part of the photo.

These are the modifiers I use to shape the yellow box:

The Factor works almost satisfactory for this pano when not zoomed in. But when an other pano with a different aspect ratio is used, it needs new Factors.

I could not find any information about using all these Modifiers for this purpose.

I also tried to adjust the size of the box with variables in CSS using calc(), but that seems not to be possible. (Or did I miss something?)

I also tried to use the map pin as center of the yellow box, but I could not get that working either.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you very much.

Erik

(In the example I use a small image for easy testing, this is an example of the real thing: https://360-bedrijfspresentatie.nl/pres ... oramaxalo/ The photo is 5000 megapixels. )
Attachments
megapanoskin014.ggsk
(221.79 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
2023-01-14 blog megapano basis 007.p2vr
(7.69 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Idocio

Great job!
I asked this same thing a while ago and Hopki told me that he was added to the wish list for future versions of the software.