Deactivate action for Timer doesn't work with Set Alpha

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
3DV

I'm having an issue with the Timer element: when setting a 'Set Element Alpha' action with Source 'Deactivate' for a Timer, the other actions with 'Deactivate' as source on the same Timer are not performed.
The 'Set Element Alpha' itself is not performed either.

I'm using a Timer on a hotspot to show itself after a certain wait time. The wait time is set as a number in the Description field of the Hotspot in the Tour Editor.
The Hotspot Element has an initial Alpha of 0.1 and has no Logic Blocks or Actions itself.

To replicate the issue:
The Timer is a child of the Hotspot Element, timer is set to Manual, One Time. I've removed the default 'Visible' logic block of the Timer and enabled 'Visible'.
In the Actions of the Timer I have the following:
- Config Loaded, Set Value, $(hd) / 0, _self (This sets the Timer to the specified time and Activates the timer.
- Deactivate, Set Element Alpha, 1.0, _parent
- Deactivate, Show Element, TestLabel

The 'Set Element Alpha' action is not performed and any 'Deactivate' actions below it will also not run.
If the 'Set Element Alpha' is set as last in the Actions List, then all other 'Deactivate' actions will run correctly.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ruud,
Timers do not work when they are a child element of a hotspot template.
You need to create a variable, and then use the timer to change the variable.
The variable can then be used in the logic blocks.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
3DV

Hi Hopki, thanks for the quick reply!

The timers for the hotspots do work to some extent at least, but I understand it's not officially supported.
Set Value, Set Variable Value and Show Element all work fine and are very useful. This allows each hotspot to have it's own timer for activation, and the activation time can be controlled in the Hotspot Properties.
I.e.: hotspot 1 is shown after 5 seconds, hotspot 2 is shown after 8 seconds etc.

But I guess using one timer with a custom variable could be used instead indeed.
One Toggle Timer, set to 0.1 seconds for example, could be used to increase a custom variable 'elapsedtime' with 0.1.
And then in a Visibility or Alpha logic block of a hotspot that value could be compared with the time set in the Hotspot Description.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets