Action with a poly hotspot

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
TWiegand

Hi, i have a poly hotspot and i need to save the actual view in a variable, if i klick on
the poly hs. So how can i do this. I see there is a ID for the poly hs, but how do i use
it in my Skin Editor, to connect this with my action.
THX
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You would use a Hotspot Proxy ID.
Sounds complex but all you do is enter the Polygon Hotspots ID into a skin elements Hotspot Proxy ID text field.
In the attached project you will see a container with the ID Poly_Trigger
If you look at the properties of the container you will see the Polygons ID under Advanced and then Hotspot Proxy ID.
This form a link between the polygon and the container, any mouse actions will be translated to the container, so if you mous enter and leave or click the polygon, the same actions in the container will be triggered.

The skin has a text variable called Poly_Trigger. This is being used to store the Polygins position at the time it is being clicked.
So the container Poly_Trigger has the actions to Set the Pan, Tilt and FoV of the Polygon to the variable.

The text box, Angle Display has the variable placeholder to display the contents of the variable.
Note, you have to do it this way as you only have access to the Polygon's location when the mouse is over it, so this is why onclick we set the values to the variable for safe keeping until the polygon is clicked again.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(12.98 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/