V7 Create new type hotspots in VR Skin

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
ImmerDeveloper

Hi,

In old version of PanoVR7, to create new type of hotspots, first I modify the non vr skin doing a copy of a normal hotspot and changing the id name and in the vr skin do the same setting the same name. Finally I set the id to the hotspot in the panorama.

This works but in the last version, when I do this, the hotspot not appear.

There's any new metodology to do this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Happy to help but to make things clear you are using the phrase "vr skin".
In Pano2VR 7 there is a section in the Web output properties for VR, as in immersive Headsets, this also has a skin section so this would be the VR Skin.
But reading your post when you say vr skin do you mean the skin of the web output?

I know this sounds really picky but the skin for the Web output and the skin for the VR output are two different things and as VR is still very much in development we know there are a few things still not working.

With this said can you say exactly which output are you referring to, Web or VR?
Let us know so we can then help.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ImmerDeveloper

Hi, I finally solved, changing the name of hotspot node to another and doing a copy.

It's for VR Skin, I need to do diferent type of hostpot with diferent actions, images, etc. My workflow to do this is the next:

- First I do a copy of hotspot node in web skin and I change their id name and config the visible option to show only if is mobile and VR active.
- In the VR skin I do the same with the same id name.
- In the hotspot, I set the new id name in the dropdown menu.

I do this because, if I create the new hostpot for VR with diferent id name, in the hotspot dropdown menu to select the id, this hostpot id name not appear.