V7 - accent color handling ?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
soulbrother

Hi,
hope to get more details on accent color handling.

When I take a SVG from the icons (components toolbox) and use that in the skin, I cannot use the accent color automatism.

Also when I change a graphic in the skin (that is working with accent color), the functionality gets lost.

So, how to get this wonderful accent-color-automatic working?
Also with icons from the components toolbox and/or with other SVG graphics in the skin?

Is there any kind of tag?
If not final, is there any kind of workaround, maybe some modifications in the skin- or xml-file?
accent-color-1.jpg
accent-color-1.jpg (163.72 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
next, change from components toolbox:
accent-color-2.jpg
accent-color-2.jpg (38.81 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
after the svg is changed, no more accent-color is working :-(
accent-color-3.jpg
accent-color-3.jpg (167.69 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Can you say which icon/s are not working with the colour tool?
Testing with random icons, it is all working and I am able to change the colours as many times as needed.

The only thing you have to be aware of is if you want different colours for Normal and Mouse Over states you will need to add the first icon "Normal" icon first and change its colour. For example from Black to Green.
Then you can add the Mouse overstate icon, which would be black.
Then when you open the colour tool you will see both colours, Green and Black. You can then change the Black to Red.
But as soon as you change the two icons to the same colour, you can no longer set them differently, so selecting the button in the colour tool will change both icons at the same time and will only appear as one icon in the colour tool.
You would need to remove one of the states and add the icon again with a different colour.
But not seeing anything wrong.

I see you're using Windows, but 10 or 11?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

Hi Martin,
in the color tool, I can modify and change all colors - this is not the problem.

The goal of the "accent color" is to modify all svg´s (that allows "accent colors") within the "edit skin configuration"
And that does not work anymore, if I change the svg.

The changement I do "the correct" way:
Click button (see blue arrow in my screenshot) and choose another svg from the comp.toolbox (V7 new icons, material and feather)

So I wonder, haw that works (generally), how is it made that it does work.
And what can I do, to make other svg´s work with that helpful new function?

Thanks again!!

btw:
I´m using WIN10, with latest updates.
soulbrother

Gladly I can answer to myself now - after some more playing with the color tool.

To use the "accent color" button of the Edit Skin Configuration for some more elements, I just need to open the element in the color tool and with a right mousebutton click the function: "Expose color as" is available.

So I simply use one and the same color, for all parts of the elements, that should be modifyable afterwards with that one-button-solution of the accent color and voilá... it works.