Squence through hotspots

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
mlenox

Anybody have a good example of a skin that sequences the viewer through available hotspots? For example, when a node is accessed, only one hotspot (i.e. #1) is visible and clickable. Once it is clicked, #2 becomes the only one visible. Thus, leading the viewer through a specific sequence of clickable actions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
360Texas

Hi. I do not know of any particular skin with already created hotspots. When a skin is created the logic and linkage is developed by you.

For example, Connect the tour nodes as a person approaches. So first hot spot node (panorama) would be street view of home entrance. Next node would be living room, then dinning room, kitchen, followed by bedrooms 1,2 and 3 and bathrooms. Last would be back yard, pool area etc. Sort of like a real person would like to walk around the property. Last hotspot node would back to street panorama.

Hotspot nodes should be FORWARD and BACKWARDS linked. So your visitor should be able to reverse their path.

Pano2vr already has this entry exit auto link your hotspots.

Think that is what you are asking.

If you not already have reviewed the Pano2vr documentation you might consider looking here: https://ggnome.com/doc/index/
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
mlenox

Dave, thanks for the quick reply. I am looking for a means to step through hotspots within a single node, not node to node. I have a single node with five hotspots that pop up pictorial and audible content. At present, all five are visible and working. What I am looking for is the coding I can add to my skin which would make only one of the five useable at any moment stepping to the next sequentially as each one is viewed. The result is to present the pop-up information from the hotspots in a guaranteed sequence. I was hoping someone here had already created a similar application in a skin so that I could copy the logic and not reinvent the wheel.

In line with your suggestion, the last hotspot in the sequence would transition to the next node just as you describe.

Thanks again.
mlenox

In attempting this myself, I find I need a basic capability. How can I compare two user-defined variables and use the result in a logic block? For instance, if var1==var2 set Visibility=true.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For your task, you can use a numbered variable, please see attached project.
I am using the hotspot description text field starting with 0, just number the hotspots in the sequence they should be clicked in the description text field.
The Hotspot template also has the action to +1 to the variable on click and then there is another action to loop the number back to 0 at the end of the sequence.
In the attached project the route is node 1 to 5, then back to 1.
Works in both Pano2VR 6 and 7.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(56.49 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mlenox

Thanks Martin! The most important thing I got from this was a solution for how to compare two user-defined variables. The answer seems to be that the first variable, the Trigger variable, MUST be a text variable.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 9.32.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 9.32.38 AM.png (20.74 KiB) Viewed 3160 times

If the Trigger variable is a number (above), the Value field can only be set to a fixed number.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 9.33.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 9.33.27 AM.png (20.75 KiB) Viewed 3160 times

If the Trigger variable is a text value (above), the Value field can be set to another variable name with which to compare.

Seems like this could be made more flexible in future versions.

Tag: compare variables
mlenox

This is my variation of Hopki's example project using hotspot Custom Properties.
Attachments
IncrHotspots.zip
(57.5 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Hopki
Gnome

This is already in the bug tracker.
Regards.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/