Action: move to default view followed by change of node

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Guillaume360

Hi all,

I am a beginner with pano2vr. I have been struggling for some times to try to set an action to a button:
When the button is presses, the current node moves to its default view. When the default view is reached, the next node opens at its default position.

It seems easy but I just could not find the correct sources/actions to do it :roll: .

Guillaume
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guillaume,
You would use a timer.
But how to do it depends on what it is you want to do.
In the components forum is a component that rotates to the point hotspot first, then changes nodes after a time out.
But uses hotspots and not a button.
Let us know what it is your customer should be seeing.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Guillaume360

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the quick reply!
My nodes are cockpits from 4 aircraft. There will be 4 buttons that enable to jump from one aircraft cockpit to another. I want the view to come back to the front facing view of the cockpit before the transition to another so that we clearly see the evolution between them.
I am not sure that a timer would work since the time to come back will vary depending on the position of the view when the user presses the button.

Guillaume
soulbrother

Hopki, just a quick idea:
Could the problem of fixed timer-setting and needed time of the movement (to reach the final position) be solved with some kind of logic, that does a simple math, like that:
1. Use the pan-angle of the final position - for example: 0° north - and calculate the difference to the actual pan.
2. If that "angle that needs to be moved" is <30°, set speed to 1. If it´s >30 & ≤60° set speed to 1.5. If >60 & ≤90° set speed to 2 ... and so on...
3. So, either the speed of movement, or the timer could be used to reach the goal: Starting the transition to the next pano, at reaching the wanted view... (more or less exactly)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
We are going to add this as a feature request.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Guillaume360

soulbrother wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:56 am Hopki, just a quick idea:
Could the problem of fixed timer-setting and needed time of the movement (to reach the final position) be solved with some kind of logic, that does a simple math, like that:
1. Use the pan-angle of the final position - for example: 0° north - and calculate the difference to the actual pan.
2. If that "angle that needs to be moved" is <30°, set speed to 1. If it´s >30 & ≤60° set speed to 1.5. If >60 & ≤90° set speed to 2 ... and so on...
3. So, either the speed of movement, or the timer could be used to reach the goal: Starting the transition to the next pano, at reaching the wanted view... (more or less exactly)
Hi Soulbrother,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
I will try it.

Guillaume
Guillaume360

Hopki wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:43 pm Hi,
Regards,
Hi Hopki,

Great news.
Thanks a lot for this!
Best regards.

Guillaume
Guillaume360

Hopki wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:43 pm Hi,
Regards,
Hi Hopki,

Thinking about it, It would be great to have an action's source that is "Once previous action is finished", therefore it would be very easy:
Action 1: Source "Mouse click" -> Action "Move to default view"
Action 2: Source "Once previous action is finished" -> Action "Open next panorama"

It will also open a wide range of possibilities to set a list of actions that can trigger when the previous one is done.

Best regards.
Guillaume